360 Pistons

-

Dan the man

Reaction score
I've noticed that most either have used or recommend the KB's. Has anybody used Speed Pro pistons? They have friction coated skirts and 5cc valve reliefs and you can use the ring end gap that the ring manufacturer suggests. They do have a 1.660" compression height which puts them 0.027" in the hole on a stock block. I don't know for a fact but I've heard that they are not as brittle as the KB'S. Are they a good piston to use?

Yes, Speed Pro pistons have been used in many engines. There good quality but tend to be heavy. 65'

Either are OK, and used by jillions of people. Neither would be my choice, but it really depends in the budget and goals for your particular build. To put it another way, it takes a lot more detail to give a good answer to an important question.

Either are OK, and used by jillions of people. Neither would be my choice, but it really depends in the budget and goals for your particular build. To put it another way, it takes a lot more detail to give a good answer to an important question.
What piston do you use

I’ve used both and both are fine. I had them both installed at zero deck height.

Some don’t like a Hyper piston and will use a forged piston instead.

I've used both with equal success. Although the Speed Pros do not require a special ring gap, I would still file fit the rings, because IMO any performance engine over stock should have them opened up some.

Bingo! Every ring gap should be double checked for clearance issues.

That’s a nice low compression slug for everyday use and 87 octane if need be.

No. I'm doing my homework first. I've been around cars for over 50 years now and I can't tell you how many times I've seen guy's take the engine out of their car and have no idea of what they want to do with it.
Very true!

AND ….. a .750 roller cam …..

:rofl:
Dang skippy. And one of these.
BIG BO.jpg

No. I'm doing my homework first. I've been around cars for over 50 years now and I can't tell you how many times I've seen guy's take the engine out of their car and have no idea of what they want to do with it.
50 years!! research? should take you about a couple hours, not a couple years.
a can of rebuild pellets might fit in your plan.

Last edited:
50 years!! research? should take you about a couple hours, not a couple years.
a can of rebuild pellets might fit in your plan.
You guys crack me up as it seems like you guys don't understand what you're reading so I'll say it again, I've been AROUND CARS For years and I've seen guy's take the engine out of their car and not knowing what they want to do with it and I'm not going to do that. Hopefully you understood it this time

-
Back