360 roller cam engine questions:

-

ImperialCruiser

Reaction score
I acquired a fresh 360 short block from a friend. Casting # 53006921, 89-92 truck. It has the roller cam and timing chain installed with the roller lifters and lifter retainer web, nothing else. My question is: will the later 93 up Magnum heads work? Does it require a specific head gasket? I have a complete core 360 from an 95 Jeep for the heads/rockers and other parts, along with a pair of core 318 (671) heads. Also have an aftermarket aluminum (4 bbl) intake manifold drilled for either the LA or Magnum heads. I assume that since this was a roller cam from the start, the oiling will be through the push rods to the pivot rockers?

The tbi roller motors did not oil through the push rods like the magnum, they had the regular old LA style shaft setup.

If the roller lifters in your fresh 360 does not have oil holes for the pushrods then take the rollers out of your 95 motor and use them.

When you put the magnum heads on an LA roller motor like that do the magnum pushrods work with all the stock magnum rocker stuff? Just wondering if anyone has done it. Are the la roller pushrods the same as a magnum?

The magnum push rods are a differant length then the LA roller pushrods.
Use everything from the 95 and you will be just fine. The whole difference between the two Motors when it comes to changing the stuff over is the deck height on the LA is .005 or so taller that the magnum block.
The lifters will compensate for that small amount.

The magnum push rods are a differant length then the LA roller pushrods.
Use everything from the 95 and you will be just fine. The whole difference between the two Motors when it comes to changing the stuff over is the deck height on the LA is .005 or so taller that the magnum block.
The lifters will compensate for that small amount.
THANKS for info, I thought I was on the right track, I now have more confidence.

-
Back