383 piston recommendation

-

tooslow

Reaction score
I am building a 69 383 with 906 heads 88cc . looking for aprox 10 to 1 compression
I want to zero deck the block with the minimal amount taken off
The cam is 525 lift and 232 dur @ .050
Question
What is a good flat top piston for this combo and do I need valve reliefs for this combo ?

The Icon 687 dome piston will yield close to 9.6 comp with a 88cc head and 10.4 with 80 cc.

• Thanks , do not understand your comment
  • I do not disagree with anything , hobbiest , no expert . I have been guided to excellent pistons

They come with valve reliefs , what am i missing ?
Pistons.jpg

Get pistons that are close and mill the heads.

The 383HP piston will work well.

• Thanks , do not understand your comment
  • I do not disagree with anything , hobbiest , no expert . I have been guided to excellent pistons
Dear TooSlow,
You disagreed twice. You asked if you needed valve reliefs. Dude answered. You disagreed with him.

You are veryslow? tooslow? or not paying attention to your own thread. You have been a member long enough to know a red X is not a positive reaction.

Also, you relayed you had chosen a piston after the member correctly advised you to get valve reliefs in the piston. So, although you were "guided to excellent pistons", no-one knew said event had happened until after you red X'd him. I dont have a horse in the race but if you get frustrated type of responses in the future, its possible that it is you that has committed the infraction.

Good luck with the build.

Dear TooSlow,
You disagreed twice. You asked if you needed valve reliefs. Dude answered. You disagreed with him.

You are veryslow? tooslow? or not paying attention to your own thread. You have been a member long enough to know a red X is not a positive reaction.

Also, you relayed you had chosen a piston after the member correctly advised you to get valve reliefs in the piston. So, although you were "guided to excellent pistons", no-one knew said event had happened until after you red X'd him. I dont have a horse in the race but if you get frustrated type of responses in the future, its possible that it is you that has committed the infraction.

Good luck with the build.
Hello Clementine ,
I have been a member of this Forum for 20 years ? I was not aware nor paid attention to the 'Agree' 'Disagree' red X . I do realize social media makes it very easy to be insulting, not face to face after all . . Not my style
Thank you for your input and I NOW will pay closer attention to my Threads

Hello Clementine ,
I have been a member of this Forum for 20 years ? I was not aware nor paid attention to the 'Agree' 'Disagree' red X . I do realize social media makes it very easy to be insulting, not face to face after all . . Not my style
Thank you for your input and I NOW will pay closer attention to my Threads
13 yrs...20 yrs....no sweat either way. I have figured out what happened.

You are going for the "reply" button and inadvertently hitting the red "X" button. Either way, no biggie to me just bored over here I guess. Good luck on the build. Sounds like a good one.

The Icon piston is a better choice, if you want to swing the $200'ish difference in price just for the better 1/16" ring package. In a perfect world I'd prefer if it had a .990 pin, but that piston was designed by a guy on moparts for class racing, and they use stock rods, no bushings, from what I understand. Performer RPM manifold and a 750 holley, with a decent valve job and a bowl blend and it's a nice 425HP engine. S/F....Ken M

-
Back