383 shortblock build window

-

Darren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
hey guys i have my freshly build 383 short block on my engine waiting to get assembled. Now i am in the middle of a kitchen reno( to keep the wife happy) and between my 11 month old son and my 3 year old daughter. I am hopping to get her fired up by end of july. anyone see any problems with waiting aproxx 6 months before getting the engine up and running? it seems to be well lubed. should i rotate the crank to get the pistons moving? thanks

As long as you lubed it properly (profusely) with good quality products (really tacky and persistent), cover it with plastic and come back to it when you're ready...it'll be fine.

it will be fine as long as the cam lube stays on the lobes, if not just buy more and dabe a bit on before you start

It's fine. Lubve the cam, prelube the engine before you run it and it will be fine.

Thanks guys. Back to the dam kitchen

Apparently he did the short block this winter. He is just assembling the heads, manifold, water pump etc on the engine in July.

Kitchen reno almost done. Cant wait to start on the cuda.

If you are going to store it for a while, pull the spark plugs and put a few squirts of oil in them with an oil can, then turn it over a couple of turns to lube the bores and prevent the cylinders from rusting until you start it.

Been there. I was doing a bathroom and a customers 496...lol. The engines in the car and running. The bathroom's still got some finishing...lol.

-
Back