383 w 671 question

-

tooslow

Reaction score
I want a car I can drive 300 miles on the highway 60mph but will run 10's at the drag strip
I have a 68 notchback cuda with a narrowed Ford 9 in and an 8 point cage . Very nice car.
I have a 383 and I am set on using . I have been wrestling with what engine combination .
I have never had a roots blower to date so I am thinking of buying a DYER 671 setup
Question :
With a Roots style supercharger can I run a mild a boost pulley on the street and just change the pulleys at the drag strip for more boost? I watched an epsidode of 'Road Kill Garage' and this is what Friehbburger did on the yellow Firebird . I know there is timing adjustments and some tuning involved also . I want to run 10's in 1/4 mile and drive to the Mopar Nationals . No trailer queen

Last edited:
make it a 474 with Stage 6(?) heads then use a 440 intake. sounds Cool!
Lockport! are the rear wheel tubs fiberglass?

383, no stroke , use existing forged crank, new forged rods , blower pistons, and victor 240 heads . Dyer kit comes with an intake for a 383

still sounds good, big bore, short stroke. Dyer is down the street from you. maybe use the Mod Man type intake.

Shouldn't be to hard to do. Make sure you have a good blower cam in it. Underdrive the blower on the street and it's a 20 minute job to change the pulleys and overdrive it for the strip. The blower doesn't really do much until you push the go pedal anyway. At cruising speeds you are not into boost. I have a Dyers 6-71 on my 340 and love it.

Jack

Now I love a blower, but you know what? I think this is the perfect situation for nitrous. Imagine it. Build a 8:1 non HP 383 with a high quality forged piston, ala Ross, Wiseco, Or any other high end light forged piston. Build accordingly for nitrous the rest of the combo. Put a 300 plate shot on it. It'll be DEAD reliable on the street and peel the pavement up on the strip.

Just a thought.

Heck yes it’s possible. A blower stickin outa the hood is just plain cool! I love that whine sound they make. Just frickin COOL! Go for it!!

maybe add nitrous too like RRR said!! LOL

I have a little B&M 162 on a small block that’ll be running in a week or so. But I wish I spent a little more for that 671.

Go for a 8-71. I run the small pulley all the time and have no problem street driving it.
Built 440/proshifted a833/narrowed Dana/BDS Teflon stripped 8-71.
15psi boost @ crusin' speed
:D

AqOPcHHVzcXm9dOdNtmt71R8ADsQoAEJ-HefjA0bGNuEZ9EzhOmsomyfcIz07prVElRgcHC=w1264-h948-no?authuser=0.jpg

Watch out for the cops!!!
Nailed me @ OC for 'obstruction of vision' and 'driving a unsafe vehicle on the highway' and impounded it...

qRfJc-ZLiJU-WVR6g8sgiGbqL92nntzHhKoJmNNvsfwd-4-Ic9uuOdd7-plpCd79XZJdRjDb=w714-h948-no?authuser=0.png

I say stage vi heads and the BDS setup

Go for a 8-71. I run the small pulley all the time and have no problem street driving it.

View attachment 1715863690

Nailed me @ OC for 'obstruction of vision' and 'driving a unsafe vehicle on the highway' and impounded it...

View attachment 1715863691

The OC cops just wanted an excuse to grab your ride. Obstruction of vision my touche!!!

You've got to be kidding. The cops here would pull me over to take pictures. And that's no joke.

What was the final outcome???

If you were safe in your home state per their regulations how can OC deem otherwise? I would have fought those charges

My Dart is exactly what you described wanting.... except I run a procharger with a 408. It runs 10.00s at the strip (has been 9.95) and I drove over 1200 miles on dragweek 2021 in 4 days. I only run 10lbs of boost. That is at the tract and on the drive. As has been said.... on the long drive there is no boost. I just keep my foot out of it on the drives. When I get to the track I change nothing except letting air out of tires. Make my pass, air back tires back up.... hit the road. The only difference is the roots blower might make more heat??? not sure, I don't have experience with them.

If you were safe in your home state per their regulations how can OC deem otherwise? I would have fought those charges

OC had an "special event zone" set up around the convention center and inlet where they could make their own traffic laws during the event.. In Delaware a few miles away and anywhere else in MD I've never had a problem.

Am fighting the charges, but lawyer isn't interested in the case and just wants his check, and the court date keeps getting delayed repeatedly.

Had to pay over a grand but got it out of impound the same night, a guy I met at the show went back to the beach house I was staying at and hooked up the trailer and towed the car back, OC wouldn't let me drive it out of the lot.

Took off the scoop and put on short filters and drove it around for the rest of the weekend, Cops followed me the whole time in unmarked cars to nail me if I go over the speed limit or chirp the tires... But I survived

Won best in show one of the days at the convention center and a celebrity choice award from Joe Zolpher at the Inlet show.

Bummed I missed the memo on FB for a pro street only meet where all the cars that showed up were filmed and featured.

Not going back. Fun show but I can't deal with the bs again. I'll try to be at the OBX cruise week

OC had an "special event zone" set up around the convention center and inlet where they could make their own traffic laws during the event.. In Delaware a few miles away and anywhere else in MD I've never had a problem.

Am fighting the charges, but lawyer isn't interested in the case and just wants his check, and the court date keeps getting delayed repeatedly.

Had to pay over a grand but got it out of impound the same night, a guy I met at the show went back to the beach house I was staying at and hooked up the trailer and towed the car back, OC wouldn't let me drive it out of the lot.

Took off the scoop and put on short filters and drove it around for the rest of the weekend, Cops followed me the whole time in unmarked cars to nail me if I go over the speed limit or chirp the tires... But I survived

Won best in show one of the days at the convention center and a celebrity choice award from Joe Zolpher at the Inlet show.

Bummed I missed the memo on FB for a pro street only meet where all the cars that showed up were filmed and featured.

Not going back. Fun show but I can't deal with the bs again. I'll try to be at the OBX cruise week
Screw an attorney. You wanna know how to beat this? I'll tell you how. As a citizen of this country, you have the right to a TRIAL BY JURY. Tell them that's what you want and FIRE your attorney. It'll keep gettin pushed back so much, they'll finally just let it go.

Dude, you need to move down here. The cops here....both city and county would be tellin you they'd write you a ticket if you DIDN'T smoke um down.

Ah, the common delay tactic. Delay, delay and delay. That safety zone was a dick move by them. I understand the unannounced/unscheduled tuner summer meet spoiled it for the classics and such. Hence, the increased fines and enforcement.
It seems OC does not want nor need the revenue from the cruisers anymore. Keep ticketing and towing until no one wants to go there anymore and they will accomplish their goal. OC is suck a cool venue to have it too. I am a huge Seacrets customer too.
They need to make better announcements on who is no longer welcome so other plans can be made. Thanks for the update

Ah, the common delay tactic. Delay, delay and delay. That safety zone was a dick move by them. I understand the unannounced/unscheduled tuner summer meet spoiled it for the classics and such. Hence, the increased fines and enforcement.
It seems OC does not want nor need the revenue from the cruisers anymore. Keep ticketing and towing until no one wants to go there anymore and they will accomplish their goal. OC is suck a cool venue to have it too. I am a huge Seacrets customer too.
They need to make better announcements on who is no longer welcome so other plans can be made. Thanks for the update
wLokZMOl5fEKzlakYa_ZqO1ScoXqro0MeLE0eE4ljVGXvMAE5k_qVA7MAOcsLEcXac2dnmie=w713-h949-no?authuser=0.png

They impounded your car just for having a blower sticking out of the hood?

“Protect and serve” lol

-
Back