390 cfm

-

MOUSE

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 390 cfm carb . I'm in AZ . Anybody have a lead on one of these things. That doesn't cost 700 bucks ??

I saw $605.95 with free shipping on Ebay....those are so hard to find cheap and they go fast.

390 is probably mechanical secondary's. if you are going holley, might be better off with a 450 vacuum secondary carb.

I'm looking for a 390 cfm carb . I'm in AZ . Anybody have a lead on one of these things. That doesn't cost 700 bucks ??
Start a wanted thread if you're looking for parts. And yes the new ones are expensive.

Last edited:
SGbarracuda sold a nice used one a couple months ago for around $175 so they are out there.

I saw $605.95 with free shipping on Ebay....those are so hard to find cheap and they go fast.
I can find them all day for 600+. I'm looking for something that might be rebuildable . Trying to save a buck if I can. thanks

Take a look at the old Mazda rotary engines.

They came with a small 4BBL carb................

Hey Mouse, you'll want to search for "Holley 6299" and "Holley 8007", both are vac-secondary 4160-model 390CFM carbs that you're looking for.

Between all of your responses and researching further I think I'm going to go with a 500cfm edelbrock. The info I had before was from the old mopar manual. This 500 is the new thing I guess. I'm going to try it. Thanks for the info everyone. next question is which way to turn the carb.

Between all of your responses and researching further I think I'm going to go with a 500cfm edelbrock. The info I had before was from the old mopar manual. This 500 is the new thing I guess. I'm going to try it. Thanks for the info everyone. next question is which way to turn the carb.

It's been proven time and again on the dyno that it does not matter. Not one bit.

straight forward it is. Thanks

That's how I have mine mounted. Even if it made a difference, how MUCH can it be?

Look at it this way. If it DID make a difference, every Super Six made would have a sideways mounted carburetor! I wouldn't sweat it.

That's how I have mine mounted. Even if it made a difference, how MUCH can it be?

Look at it this way. If it DID make a difference, every Super Six made would have a sideways mounted carburetor! I wouldn't sweat it.
Engines on dynos don't move around either, fuel sloshing around with the carb sideways can introduce it's own set of issues, for no significant gains.

Those are only about 300cfm on a good day. Fully ported with all the mods, people can get 450cfm out of em. I bet it would be very responsive on a slant six.

Those carbs ARE BRUTALLY COMPLICATED.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdouphspCcuMdWpaXTgSw9Qlc2yhY-0JEpBg&usqp=CAU.jpg

How about a set of BG venturi sleeves for a 600?
Demon carburetor venturi sleeves 1.064? 390 cfm ? Holley Quick Fuel | eBay

DP aint scared of nuttin'...they'll open the secondaries on a Tecumseh!

I bought a new 1973 Mazda RX-3. Cutest little 4 barrel I'd ever seen! There was a mechanical linkage that controlled the oil feed to the carb as needed to lube the engine internals, similar to a 2 stroke. Manual choke, manual fast idle and manual heat riser so if wouldn't ice up in Winter. 2 distributors, 3 sets of points, not very user friendly. It overheated once on the way to work and croaked my engine at 49K. So I rebuilt it. After that wife said no more Mazdas!

Later I remember measuring the engine compartment to see if a 340 would fit. I coulda been drifting before it was popular.

I bought a new 1973 Mazda RX-3. Cutest little 4 barrel I'd ever seen! There was a mechanical linkage that controlled the oil feed to the carb as needed to lube the engine internals, similar to a 2 stroke. Manual choke, manual fast idle and manual heat riser so if wouldn't ice up in Winter. 2 distributors, 3 sets of points, not very user friendly. It overheated once on the way to work and croaked my engine at 49K. So I rebuilt it. After that wife said no more Mazdas!

Later I remember measuring the engine compartment to see if a 340 would fit. I coulda been drifting before it was popular.

Really ? That is cool ! I had no idea they injected oil for the rotor seals. I assumed Wankels just inherently ate oil .

-
Back