$3k Drag Challenge - A-body vs B-body

-

slimjim

Reaction score
It’s on…

A-body vs B-body
Small block vs big block
$3k budget - 3 month build - Best of 3 races

I’m taking on Jonny Mopar in a head-to-head drag race challenge that’ll be documented on YouTube. That 3k budget includes the purchase price of the car. I will be on here ROUTINELY welcoming any advise you all may have. Gona need to work some magic to win this one.

It will be a 4-door event? For both body options. (Definitely B-Body) But would be fun. Umm. I assume you're A-body?

Last edited:
You’ll be here asking advice?
Okaaay...
upload_2022-2-18_20-10-14.jpeg

So I’m thinking of a 200 shot on my 68 Dart GT vert. I’ve got to figure out hearing and traction. Rockin a baby rear end at the moment
Does tire and rim cost go against budget? If so? Ouch. Looking for used slicks?

It’s an 1/8 mile track so… I’ve got no clue lol. I only speak 1/4 mile times. If I could hit “12s” I’d be super excited.
Definitely could use steep rear gear. If I had the B-body? Would turn down an old cast 440 crank and stroke it. Mill pistons down to 0 deck. Bench port job on heads. Use head gasket thickness to estimate fuel use. (I take it any gas?)

Are you considering machining down a 360 crank? Might find one cheap?

Last edited:
Definitely could use steep rear gear. If I had the B-body? Would turn down an old cast 440 crank and stroke it. Mill pistons down to 0 deck. Bench port job on heads. Use head gasket thickness to estimate fuel use. (I take it any gas?)

I haven’t thought of it but, I feel like that would end up consuming a large portion of the budget.

If your not doing the work yourself, that’s more than the budget I think. Maybe not, IDK. Turn crank, new bearings, then new pistons? Balancing costs? Decking block costs?

Looks like fun anyway.

If your not doing the work yourself, that’s more than the budget I think. Maybe not, IDK. Turn crank, new bearings, then new pistons? Balancing costs? Decking block costs?

Looks like fun anyway.
Definitely wrenching myself. Just gotta work into the budget a nitrous kit and some slicks

Looks like fun anyway.
Good point. It comes down to machining skills. And is the $3k just parts cost?

-
Back