4.7 exhaust studs source?

-

Rice Nuker

Let the Coal Roll!
Reaction score
Afternoon :)

:burnout:

My 01 4.7 dakota exhaust studs (head to manifold) are failing. I know it aint an abody, maybe the wrong section to post this in as well. So, here it is:

Does anyone have a source online to buy exhaust stud kits for my haus machine?

Much appreciated to any one with accurate knowledge!

Go to your local dealer. We have tons of these and gaskets in stock. Usually the hemis breaking the back bolts then blowing the gasket out !

i went to summit racing and bought the stage 8 locking bolts. I threw the gaskets in the garbage and used the exhaust gasket maker from a caulking tube and have had no issues since.
http://www.stage8.com/

I replaced the studs with the factory studs twice and they broke out within a year. I have gone 2 years with the stage 8 bolts and no gasket with no issues

I am having a hard time figuring out the correct studs and nuts. Did the ones you got apply to the 4.7 with the exhaust manifolds?
If so would you mind sharing the part numbers? I searched on summit but dont seem to see the option for exhaust bolts.

Thanks

i went to summit racing and bought the stage 8 locking bolts. I threw the gaskets in the garbage and used the exhaust gasket maker from a caulking tube and have had no issues since.
http://www.stage8.com/

I replaced the studs with the factory studs twice and they broke out within a year. I have gone 2 years with the stage 8 bolts and no gasket with no issues

I had the same issue, pulled off the manifolds, new gaskets. cleaned everything good got the studs from the dealer. i think they were about $35 i think they were updated from the stock so they may last longer. its been a couple years and about 35K so far so good.

Thanks very much folks for the responses. :) I had been all over the internet and had not been confident that I had found a good source. I am getting those stage8 units soon.

I talked to stage8 and they said theirs were header bolts so I was concerned with length.

I just got all 16 (goes from manifold to head) various ones at the dealer plus a set of nice shielded gaskets for 108 out the door.

Then amazingly the bolts were broke at the head in the rear passegerrs side (2) and the drivers side 1. When I pulled the passenger manifold the bolts were protruding like 1.5 inch and I unscrewed them with my fingers.

Drivers side one was broken on rear top, and I snaped the other rear trying to turn it. Then when I got the manifold off, same thing, broke under the head of bolt. I unscrewed the remaining part with my fingers.

I put all new but next time it will only be rears. I used a bunch of anti-seez on everything, torques to 18 ft lbs and it runs smooth and quiet.

I had pre soaked the whole afflicted area with a mix of zddp, gasoline and left over wd / liq-wrench mixture which I had gathered up in a spray bottle. So, everything was pretty decently saturated but of course the threads into the head were still dry.

Thanks for all the replies.

The thing about those damn things is to not tighten down the heat shield nutd tight, just tight enough it doesnt rattle. The 2 different metal type of the manifolds and the sheild expanding and contracting front heating up and cooling down is what breaks the heads off the bolts. Even double nuts them if you'd like. I did both sides of my old Durango 4.7 and both sides of her 09 Aspen with the 5.7.

-
Back