4 Spd Hump

-

Scubakuda19

Reaction score
I've looked and I cannot find any info on where the 4spd hump gets mounted on a 72 Duster. I would appreciate any and all help. Also the best method to cut out the hole in the floor. Thank you.

If you stand back and throw it over the front of the floor tunnel, it will land in almost the right place. It really only fits in one spot. It's pretty obvious.

What Rusty said for line up. You could fine adjust with transmission and shifter in place? But the shape of the tunnel locks it in close.
A jigsaw with metal blade works nice for cutting or plasma cutter. Use cutting wheel above the top of crossmember. Light careful cuts no reason to cut into torsion bar crossmember.

It will come very close to self-positioning.

I did that and then held it in place with two small self tapping screws.

Reach down through the shifter hole and mark the INNER edge of the hump with a sharpie. That will be your cut line.

As mentioned above, DO NOT cut into the support underneath. Take your time and go slow there.

I took the extra time of mounting the transmission with shifter through the new hole and hump to confirm the position before welding it in.

All was good in my case.

Last edited:
I've looked and I cannot find any info on where the 4spd hump gets mounted on a 72 Duster. I would appreciate any and all help. Also the best method to cut out the hole in the floor. Thank you.
this should help

IMG_1006_zpse3bfb875.jpg

-
Back