[WANTED] 4 speed console brackets...

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI...The console brackets are the same for Automatic or 4-Speed

Just an FYI...The console brackets are the same for Automatic or 4-Speed

I would think so, but I beg to differ when it comes to them being sold. The prices are the same but it seems they come with different parts let alone 2 of the 3 seem to be the core of one's needs, I think.
I don't know what the 3rd piece is (manual console) that's like a clip...
I hope that the front bracket (looks like the letter n) and the long rear bracket that actually holds most of the base down are the core of said console's needing to hold it down.
Any input would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks.
MAPS

C35A5A84-1089-48CD-9C4B-B9913A89EBDB.jpeg

A75901AD-DA0A-416F-9D0D-6ADC24353BDD.jpeg

The little bracket is curious to me. It kind of looks like a seat stop for a bench seat car, but if that's it then it shouldn't be on a console car. The other two brackets are the same.

If there is a difference (news to me) good luck finding them for $100. Buy AMD and move on. I dont recall them being different but I ain't no expert

Console brackets are the front and rear that the console is attached to with 2 screws each. Automatic requires a shifter stand/mount/bracket between the console brackets.
Back when I was making these brackets the 4 speed owners got'em for 49 bucks. Automatic was 108 and included a locating template. Both included console attach hardware.
In my opinion, aftermarket is screwing the 4 speed owners.

Last edited:
The last 4 speed conversion that I did I used front and back automatic brackets for the console. The rear was used as is, I can't recall but I may have had to modify the forward bracket.

Unless you are doing a correct numbers style resto either fab your own or use auto brackets and carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back