400 INCH ENGINE AND 1977 DODGE ASPEN RT SUPER PACK BUILD

DODGE6PACK400

Reaction score
HELLO GUYS IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND NEED YOUR HELP !!!! I HAVE HAD A 1977 DODGE RT SUPER PACK SINCE I BOUGHT IT TO GO TO COLLEGE JUST AFTER HIGH SCHOOL . BOUGHT THE CAR WHEN I WAS 17TEEN IN JUNE OF 1983 AND HAVE HAD THE CAR EVER SINCE . IT NEEDS RESTORED AND PARTS ARE HARD TO FIND THESE DAYS . MOST PEOPLE DONT EVEN KNOW THEY EXIST BUT I THINK THEY LOOK GOOD AND ARE UNDER RATED . MY CAR IS A ORIGANAL 4 SPEED STICK CAR CAME WITH A 318 INCH ENGINE BUT I HAVE 3 400 INCH ENGINES AND 2 440 S AND 1 1967 383 ENGINE . I WANT TO BUILD A 500 INCH 400 BLOCK ENGINE . BUT I NEED EVERYONES HELP . ITS BEEN YEARS SINCE I BUILD ANY ENGINES AND WANT TO KNOW YOUR OPINONS AND EXPERIENCES ON PARTS AND IDEALS ON HOW TO GO .AND WERE TO GET PARTS AND BEST MACHINE SHOPS FOR ENGINES AROUND THE HUNTINTON WV AREA OR CLEVELAND OHIO AREA . I KNOW THE ORIGINAL BLOCKS HAD ALOT OF PROBLEMS WITH DECKS NOT LEVEL AND EVEN FROM SIDE TO SIDE AND BORES BEING NOT IN LINE AND OFF IN ALL DIRECTIONS . ALSO HAVENT MAD MY MIND UP ON GOING WITH 6 PACK CARBS , ONE 4 BARREL , TWO 4 BARRELS OR GOING WITH A 6 PACK EFI OR 4 BARREL TYPE COMPUTER CONTROL FUEL SETUP ?????? WHAT IS EVERYONES EXPERIENCES WITH THIS ??? ALSO WONDER ABOUT GOING WITH INDY HEADS OR TRICK FLOW OR SOMETHING ELSE ???? IM GOING TO DO MY OWN CAM LIFTERS SPRINGS AND ALL THAT BUT WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ANY OIPION OR EXPERIENCES OUT THERE . HERE IS SOME PICS OF MY TYPE OF CAR BUT THIS IS NOT MY CAR PICS JUST TO LET YOU KNOW WHAT IM WORKING ON AND BY THE WAY THE CAR WEIGHT IS AROUND 3300 LBS SO WITH THIS ENGINE AND HORSEPOWER I KNOW IM GOING TO WORK ON THE SUSPENSION AND TIRES TO GET IT TO HOOK UP . OH AND I WANT THE CAR TO BE BUILD AS A STREET STRIP CAR WANT TO DRIVE IT ON THE ROAD AND TO THE TRACK AS WELL . DONT WANT TO JUST DRAG THE CAR WANT TO DRIVE AND HANDLE WELL AND DRAG WELL TO . I KNOW THIS IS GOING TO BE A TRADE OFF BUT THATS THE IDEAL . BUT THINKINKING OF GOING WITH A REAREND FROM A 2019 HELL CAT AND MUST GET RID OF THE TORTION BAR FRONT END !!!!! AND IT HAS TO HAVE A 6 SPEED STICK !!!!! AND JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS I TYPE IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I WAS HIT BY A CAR AT 26YRS AND 57 YRS NOW WELL THATS IT FOR NOW

1977-Dodge-Aspen-RT-1-e1634139171581  2.jpg

1977-Dodge-Aspen-RT-2-e1634139222291.jpg

1977-dodge-aspen-rt-super-pack-03.jpg

Last edited:

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
HELLO GUYS IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND NEED YOUR HELP !!!! I HAVE HAD A 1977 DODGE RT SUPER PACK SINCE I BOUGHT IT TO GO TO COLLEGE JUST AFTER HIGH SCHOOL . BOUGHT THE CAR WHEN I WAS 17TEEN IN JUNE OF 1983 AND HAVE HAD THE CAR EVER SINCE . IT NEEDS RESTORED AND PARTS ARE HARD TO FIND THESE DAYS . MOST PEOPLE DONT EVEN KNOW THEY EXIST BUT I THINK THEY LOOK GOOD AND ARE UNDER RATED . MY CAR IS A ORIGANAL 4 SPEED STICK CAR CAME WITH A 318 INCH ENGINE BUT I HAVE 3 400 INCH ENGINES AND 2 440 S AND 1 1967 383 ENGINE . I WANT TO BUILD A 500 INCH 400 BLOCK ENGINE . BUT I NEED EVERYONES HELP . ITS BEEN YEARS SINCE I BUILD ANY ENGINES AND WANT TO KNOW YOUR OPINONS AND EXPERIENCES ON PARTS AND IDEALS ON HOW TO GO .AND WERE TO GET PARTS AND BEST MACHINE SHOPS FOR ENGINES AROUND THE HUNTINTON WV AREA OR CLEVELAND OHIO AREA . I KNOW THE ORIGINAL BLOCKS HAD ALOT OF PROBLEMS WITH DECKS NOT LEVEL AND EVEN FROM SIDE TO SIDE AND BORES BEING NOT IN LINE AND OFF IN ALL DIRECTIONS . ALSO HAVENT MAD MY MIND UP ON GOING WITH 6 PACK CARBS , ONE 4 BARREL , TWO 4 BARRELS OR GOING WITH A 6 PACK EFI OR 4 BARREL TYPE COMPUTER CONTROL FUEL SETUP ?????? WHAT IS EVERYONES EXPERIENCES WITH THIS ??? ALSO WONDER ABOUT GOING WITH INDY HEADS OR TRICK FLOW OR SOMETHING ELSE ???? IM GOING TO DO MY OWN CAM LIFTERS SPRINGS AND ALL THAT BUT WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ANY OIPION OR EXPERIENCES OUT THERE . HERE IS SOME PICS OF MY TYPE OF CAR BUT THIS IS NOT MY CAR PICS JUST TO LET YOU KNOW WHAT IM WORKING ON AND BY THE WAY THE CAR WEIGHT IS AROUND 3300 LBS SO WITH THIS ENGINE AND HORSEPOWER I KNOW IM GOING TO WORK ON THE SUSPENSION AND TIRES TO GET IT TO HOOK UP . OH AND I WANT THE CAR TO BE BUILD AS A STREET STRIP CAR WANT TO DRIVE IT ON THE ROAD AND TO THE TRACK AS WELL . DONT WANT TO JUST DRAG THE CAR WANT TO DRIVE AND HANDLE WELL AND DRAG WELL TO . I KNOW THIS IS GOING TO BE A TRADE OFF BUT THATS THE IDEAL . BUT THINKINKING OF GOING WITH A REAREND FROM A 2019 HELL CAT AND MUST GET RID OF THE TORTION BAR FRONT END !!!!! AND IT HAS TO HAVE A 6 SPEED STICK !!!!! AND JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS I TYPE IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I WAS HIT BY A CAR AT 26YRS AND 57 YRS NOW WELL THATS IT FOR NOW

View attachment 1715979923

View attachment 1715979924

View attachment 1715979925
Welcome to the site. Great looking Mopar you have.

Please turn off the caps button and type put your responses. One long run on sentence in all caps is hugely distracting. You lost me halfway through the first line.

Frank Mopar

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Great looking Mopar you have.

Please turn off the caps button and type put your responses. One long run on sentence in all caps is hugely distracting. You lost me halfway through the first line.

I agree, but you have to read the last sentence which means you have to read the whole thing.