400 low buck dont give a

-
well no progress really I got the motor on the stand and that's where its at now..im out of town as always and just when I think things are on the cool side with the wife we bump heads so I stay way.....just so we can remain in a friendly place...didn't even spend the holiday.....im not here much anymore got so much going on in life just looked on here tonight and saw this..every now and then I will look on my phone but not really into things as much right now...sorry to those that are waiting but it will happen soon I hope..:angel5::angel5::angel5::angel5::angel5::angel5:

Sorry about your troubles. I hope everything gets better for you real soon.

Just bringing this back to life to see if you made any more progress. Good luck.

hey guys im not here much anymore ..I posted last night but I guess it got crashed or something...the car is still in a few different pieces I haven't had a chance to do anything to it..im not home very much less then 24hrs a week working out of town and still have personal issues im dealing with...im really sorry I know there are a few that wanted to see this thing going and it will just have to focus on my life and things I have to deal with right now...ill check in from time to time when I can ....everybody take care and enjoy the things and people that are close to you...as the material things can always be replaced...

Instead of pretending I know the best of every combo I'll just tell you what my 64 polara did with a 400 when I was a kid. I had mild ported 452s stock rotating assembly, tm6 intake with 750 dp carb, old racer brown 286/486 cam, 1 3/4 headers and nothing more. Also had a 3000 stall converter with 3.91 gears. That old 70,000 mile bottom end 400 ran 13.20s all day long while driving her to the track so I have love for the 400 especially when you stroke them out what a great motor! So I say go for it!

he ys ..im going to be home a day or so for the holiday and would love to try and focus on this thing if at all possible..i will keep you all up to date I hope and if all possible I hope I can get my buddy up to help me a little if nothing but to talk about .. bob ..:cheers:

he ys ..im going to be home a day or so for the holiday and would love to try and focus on this thing if at all possible..i will keep you all up to date I hope and if all possible I hope I can get my buddy up to help me a little if nothing but to talk about .. bob ..:cheers:

See ya,when you're back.....

65val: that's why different size jets are made ,it may not be the best fit but it would work with tuning the only downside to the 390 4bbl on the 600 engine is it would act as a sort of rpm limiter,again that's with tuning

I kind of have the same love of the 400. It's virtues of stiffness help it survive the duty it was given hauling around 4000 lb c bodies :finga:. Many of them came with factory 4 bbl thermoquads (love that sound!),and for having quite pathetic compression ratios'and choked up with emmisions equipment,still managed to make a decent amount of power...not the high performance era amounts,but not bad considering. Strip that motor down,cam it up,throw on headers and duals,it'll run better than a 383.

got the tranny apart to do a rebuild so once I have it done ill try to get it installed in the car and running I hope..will try to get a few pictures of things as I can...

got the tranny apart to do a rebuild so once I have it done ill try to get it installed in the car and running I hope..will try to get a few pictures of things as I can...

Life happens, E.M ... Hopefully life has stabilized , and you can run on a even keel. Always enjoy, your threads.

hey guys quick question for you guys that have done the big block swap from small small block....I have the transdapt mounts to replace the small block ...I was going to try to install the motor and trans in 1pc but im not ready on the trans and would like to know if it would be that much harder to install the trans later then it would if the car was still small block....this way I can go ahead and install the motor and figure out the mounts and header deal....I plan to hit it a little this weekend ..as far as the trans goes I need a few other things before I can move forward with it so its on hold for right now.....so if anybody used the same mounts please sure your thoughts and does and donts..thanks guys

Probably the easiest is to bolt it all up,install to K frame and install whole assembly from underneath.Just jack the car up hig and roll the asssembly on your jack.

hey bob whats going on??????I know I cant make it up this weekend maybe Tuesday or wed. this week I can ride up there....I been messing around a little today in the shop been half way sick my son went to doctor the other day took him out of work for the flu so im trying not get his cold...been trying to get all the parts together for each car as I have stuff everywhere...being out of town for 2yrs3mths and only home a few days at the time things get junky with the kids using the shop..break stuff put it back in the tool box then you need it its broken...move stuff don't put it back where it need to be jack is about out of service need a new floor jack...
anyway did anything else to the hot rod????maybe we can make a plan to get some stuff done now that im home and don't plan to go back out of town any time soon ..I hope...

Probably the easiest is to bolt it all up,install to K frame and install whole assembly from underneath.Just jack the car up hig and roll the asssembly on your jack.

never thought of that ......ive been gone to long lol

im ready fire this thing tired of looking at the empty nos bottle sitting in the trunk of the car..and really hoping it all works out and sound great....nothing to drive and smell the fuel or tire rubber is killing me...something bout having a hot rod and and a bad day til you fire it and drive it and it all goes away....:D:D:D:D

im ready fire this thing tired of looking at the empty nos bottle sitting in the trunk of the car..and really hoping it all works out and sound great....nothing to drive and smell the fuel or tire rubber is killing me...something bout having a hot rod and and a bad day til you fire it and drive it and it all goes away....:D:D:D:D

Oh man,if there was a like button I'd be clicking it!:D

This is the perfect statement , that makes hot rodding melt the life of daily b.s. melt away. Best of luck, take your time.

Unfortunately no ..I started messing with the car got the motor on the hoist in front the car off the stand ready to drop it in and got the call ...I'm back in va working for a few weeks ...so when I'm back home again it will be fit in ..I did get the flex plate on ..I'm only here a few weeks this time so it will be in soon..Going to get the mounts right I have the transdapt kit ..gotta get the trans finished up to complete the install

-
Back