408 Stroker Short Block Details: Blueprint Engines

-
Looking at the wrong side sir, his I'm thinking is the 8.05. That is a solid mid 12 sec van, love it!!
I was! You are correct!!!! 85mph.lol jesus!!! 12's in a chest freezer lol. That blueprint shortblock is a tank ;)

Last edited:
Just ran an 8.01@85 ....60' was 1.79 seems to be hooking good. I know itlldo better with fine tuning and practice practice practice:)

Man, I didn't realize them vans where so small. Keep bringing them 60's down and that monster will fly, you'll need to get you'r pilots license, way to go 12many.

Jeff

4th run a throwaway, was staged after burnout and next lane didn't know how to stage so tires cooled, nighttime and was cooler out also .....then spun and hit rev limiter. Oh well, 8.01@85.2 is the best 1st time out without messing with anything, just trying different launches. Let "even more" fun begin. Hopefully get some video up real soon

I think I know who I'm gonna call next time I need to haul something...youll be done in no time

Dam that track looks narrow. On camer at least.
It's the GoPro, and whatever setting I had it on, I need a 10 year old to set it up for me! Track is Greer Dragway, it used to run as 1/4 mile, built in 50's

I think I know who I'm gonna call next time I need to haul something...youll be done in no time
One comment last night from an onlooker was about it being a service van on a call and replying "I'll be there in a minute"!! :)

It's the GoPro, and whatever setting I had it on, I need a 10 year old to set it up for me! Track is Greer Dragway, it used to run as 1/4 mile, built in 50's

Dam cameras. It looked like you were pretty close to the wall in the video.

Ok, mind is running nonstop about things to try and finesse, timing, carb, and launching the thing. One thing I'm kicking around, along with tackling the basics (first) is that I haven't done the plenum divider mod to the Weiand Action+ Intake. Read alot on it, what's a general range of increase as it would apply to the times I ran in the 1/8. I'm thinking I should have done it to begin with.

Ok, mind is running nonstop about things to try and finesse, timing, carb, and launching the thing. One thing I'm kicking around, along with tackling the basics (first) is that I haven't done the plenum divider mod to the Weiand Action+ Intake. Read alot on it, what's a general range of increase as it would apply to the times I ran in the 1/8. I'm thinking I should have done it to begin with.
i feel like an open spacer is a quicker test to any science you're applying there...unless i'm thinking of something different when you mention "divider mod"

I could do that, but no clearance with the doghouse lid closed, I could test with it open to see, then do mod.

I could do that, but no clearance with the doghouse lid closed, I could test with it open to see, then do mod.
easier than removing intake, trashing gaskets, and then grinding... if an open spacer doesn't yield anything...which in the 1/8th, it may not... i'd leave it.
you don't have 1/2 inch of clearance?

About a 1/4" with the Demon air cleaner.
i know where you can get a flat base, and save some grinding..lol
BPP143-1_1583x.jpg

It's their one that clears the choke on the street demon carb.

It's their one that clears the choke on the street demon carb.
Yup.....been there....
I had a Stingray that I really struggled with to find the right drop base air cleaner that cleared my linkage AND still close the hood.....

Your van hauls azz....awesome sleeper!

Jeff

-
Back