421 Stroker with Trick Flow Heads/Intake Dyno - Redux

-
Carb does look nice, mind mentioning what those go for?
With the bells and the whistles, it was $1250 + shipping. John's tech assistance was worth every penny though. I had an issue with the needle and seats when I got it and he overnighted 2 brand new bowls from Florida to Oregon. Literally had them the next day. That had of been hundreds to ship. He did it no questions asked because he wanted me to be happy with his product.

I even sent him my data logs and he gave me tuning pointers within 24hrs. I would absolutely buy from IRD again. It was expensive but I definitely see the value.

And the car runs amazing now. It's just "right"...if that makes any sense. Crisp and responsive. It's happy.

Bullet's guys picked out the cam. Their thought process was they were trying to trick the heads into thinking they flow more by bumping the duration while keeping the lift around the .600 - .615 area with the 1.6 rockers. It seems to have worked because it's pulling much harder almost everywhere. I also upgraded my carb to a custom 950 IRD and it is AWESOME. The Brawler was good, but this IRD is stupid nice.

View attachment 1716181486

I didn't end up putting it on the chassis dyno. Just a series of life things came up this Fall and I didnt have time before the snow started. The car is getting picked up next week to get the cage installed. Once I get a trailer in the Spring, I'm bringing it to our local 1/8th and I'm going to tune it there. That slip is the only one that matters anyway.

She'll be ready in 24'. :)

View attachment 1716181487
Nice looking car! Not a criticism, but an observation, I see my AAR fiberglass six pack hood isn't the only one bowed above the wheels. Before AAR folded, they claimed mine was the only one they had ever seen do this.

20230109_184707.jpg

Nice looking car! Not a criticism, but an observation, I see my AAR fiberglass six pack hood isn't the only one bowed above the wheels. Before AAR folded, they claimed mine was the only one they had ever seen do this.

View attachment 1716181569

I've never aligned the panels. The hood would align with the fenders if I shimmed them, but I've been focusing on other things.

I've got a Glasstek trunk lid that's getting painted/striped in the Spring. I plan on having my painter align the panels then.

Last edited:
-
Back