422 small block

-
Play with this calculator and see what you come up with.
Calculate Cubic Inch Displacement

Oh! Available cranks strokes are of course:

I might have missed one...

Last edited:
Different combos possible.....4.030" bore and 4.125" stroke will give 421 cui.....360 block, stock rod length. Contact Rod Bloomer @BPE, he can supply what you want.

michael

here is the easy way: 340 block at 60 over (4.100 bore) and 4 in. stroke. an early 360 block at 100 over ( 4.100 bore, same piston as the fore-mentioned 340) will do. biggest problem with this combo is there is no room for future rebuilds.

How many 360's you known go .100 overbore!!!!??????

LMAO!!!

Wet sleeves (don't think they make them) aka bore would have to be bored into the coolant passage to get a .100 over bore sleeve to fit in stock block. Then would need some kind of o-ring seal to keep the coolant out of the crank.
That's what it would take but was mostly being a "smart ***". Anything can be done but the cost could not justify the act.
However i have a .060" 340 block that is waiting for that dream.:D

I'm having trouble figuring out what the heck your talking about since I'm talking about taking a stock 360 block out .100 and your telling me that your not even sure they make thenparts to fit an engine that needs to have the entire cylinder taken out to fit in a sleeve just so you can go 4.100.

Seriously! Not even cost effective if you were rich. Come on now bro! REALLY!!!!!!
Wet sleeves (don't think they make them) aka bore would have to be bored into the coolant passage to get a .100 over bore sleeve to fit in stock block. Then would need some kind of o-ring seal to keep the coolant out of the crank.
That's what it would take but was mostly being a "smart ***". Anything can be done but the cost could not justify the act.
However i have a .060" 340 block that is waiting for that dream.:D

I'm having trouble figuring out what the heck your talking about since I'm talking about taking a stock 360 block out .100 and your telling me that your not even sure they make thenparts to fit an engine that needs to have the entire cylinder taken out to fit in a sleeve just so you can go 4.100.

Seriously! Not even cost effective if you were rich. Come on now bro! REALLY!!!!!!
Hence the :D
Thought the other post was for me. was a little confused.

And that is one block of many that didn't make the (excessive) grade of overboring. And with your block, you called the shot for all blocks.

Since you can do this, please surply the winning LOTTO numbers for the MEGA Millions.

Sonic check your blocks my friends!!!!!

If i had the winning lotto ticket.......I would not start with a stock block!
Don't think it will happen to me, have only bought 1 lotto ticket and it was with a girlfriend some 15 years ago.
Sorry i mist the 360 part, causing the confusion.

Last edited:
Anything can be done but the cost could not justify the act.
True that! wouldn't it be cool to win the lottery and have someone build you a kick *** Mopar stroked small block. Something similar to the supercharged Hellcat motor in that it would have all the best tech and the BEST of everything, but all classic small block Mopar. If the motor cost $40,000, who cares. You won the lottery. With a million dollar budget, I could have the BADDEST 69 fastback on the planet. Hmm, I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket.

I had a 340 block go crazy thin @ .020.

can i change my answer?
You know you have "max overbore" when your block has mustard seeps:D out your dip stick.!:poke:

Last edited:
For OP, I'm putting together a 422" smallblock right now. Build consists of '70 340 block bored to 4.100, 4" stroke forged crank, 6.125" Callies H beam rods, RaceTec forged pistons w/ 22cc dish, and W2 heads. Rotating assembly was purchased from Rod Bloomer (BPE).

I understood that the early 71 360s were 340 castings with oversized mains and underbored.... I used 1 for a w2 stock strock engine in the early 80s and the shop said walls showed lots left after .060 over bore...
Is that just folklore ?

I understood that the early 71 360s were 340 castings with oversized mains and underbored.... I used 1 for a w2 stock strock engine in the early 80s and the shop said walls showed lots left after .060 over bore...
Is that just folklore ?

I ran a .060 over 1971 360 block back in the 90's and had no problems..

-
Back