Status
Not open for further replies.

metallidart

member me?
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Contact seller
Well guys, looks like I will be liquidating my mopar inventory. I hate to do it, but my fiance and I are going thru some relationship troubles, money troubles, you name it. Family is more important, so, here goes.

I bought this shortblock used from a guy that was just wanting to go bigger. Only around 30 passes on it, held great oil pressure, no noises, and full of goodies.
-1970 340 block, sonic tested, decks cut for zero deck with JE flattops, bored/plate honed, bushed lifter bores, priority main oiling, Hughes main girdle/studs, Eagle H-beam rods, forged 4" stroke crank, internally balanced, pretty much everything that can be done, was.
-Moroso deep pan/pickup/Melling HV pump
-Cloyes timing set, sized for the align-honed block
-Fluidamper balancer

I am sure there is more I can't think of. I'm asking $2500, you could barely buy the parts for that much. Everything is used, but in perfect shape. I hate to get rid of it, I feel sick to my stomach, but I am staying in a house with my son that I was supposed to be remodeling, and I don't even have a fridge or stove as I wasn't expecting any of this.

I'm in East Palestine, Ohio. I will load some pics up in a little bit, there are plenty in my threads too lol. I'll be selling alot more, so stay tuned.

Does this include any type of camshaft/lifters? You don't mention one but reference a timing set, so made me wonder. Thanks.

I have a slightly used comp custom solid cam, and a brand new set of mp solid lifters I will include too. I can get the specs for that shortly also.

Yeah what he said. Curious about cam. Thanks.

I know all you folks mean well and want to help but Please keep non related comments out of the for sale post,

Sorry guys, my life has been upside down lately. I finally got my computer to work, so first thing in the morning I'll upload some pics. I have to double check on the crank brand, and the cam specs.

Sorry guys, I am finally able to sit down and give some details!

The compression will vary depending on your heads, but with my 70cc w2s opened up to about 73cc, and some. 060 thick mls head gaskets, I was shooting for 10.4ish. With the right cam, pump gas wouldn't be a problem. Since it has no real quench with those heads, along with x, j, and any other open chamber head, you could go thicker on the gaskets to drop it down. I think that with, say 65cc closed chamber aluminum heads, and the right cam, you could run pump gas pretty easy.

The heads don't go with it lol...I don't have them anymore.

Attachments

• 006 (4).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 438
  • 010 (3).jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 451
  • 002 (3).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 441
Ok guys, I really need money. I will take half the amount for shipping out of the price.

Which equates to what?? So you're saying the price of $2500 INCLUDED shipping? Safe shipping that is, in a crate??

Couple of more questions:

1) It's been run I see. By you or the previous owner?

2) Any receipts? Sonic test sheet??

And one more: Can you verify the crank grinder? Eagle, or...???

Which equates to what?? So you're saying the price of $2500 INCLUDED shipping? Safe shipping that is, in a crate??

Half of the price of shipping. I find out the cost, let you know, etc. Just like a normal transaction.

Couple of more questions:

1) It's been run I see. By you or the previous owner?

It was run by the previous owner. He wanted to run a class of racing with a much lower index, so instead of possibly going too high on hp and killing an engine, he was building one much larger, and an r-block.

2) Any receipts? Sonic test sheet??

I have a few receipts, not all of them. I don't have the results of the tests, but I do know he had ALOT of money in this engine. Heck, the JE Piston order form (this wasnt built from a kit) was over $800. They have a slightly different compression ht, iirc.

And one more: Can you verify the crank grinder? Eagle, or...???

It isnt on the receipts, but I can dig it from its protective layers tomorrow and look. (its in my kitchen closet lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back