440” small block, pump gas, street car...

-
I’m pretty sure the build Brett Miller did with some cnc ported Victor heads and a custom billet TR was a 440” small block.
I seem to recall it making about 1000hp.

1014 hp SB

They were starting the dyno pulls at about 7k.

I believe that's Shilo Davies' engine. He is also local here. His white Dart has been 5.0hs at 135+ here at Irwindale, N/A!! ( 7.80s 1/4)

With my luck, probably!
Thanks, it’s an amateur built low (relative) dollar garage car. Huge thank you to FABO member (and 25 year friend) ‘63GT and Ken DeSimas for their help in any way that I needed!

View attachment 1715955004

View attachment 1715955005
nice i now see the reason i did not go indy heads and intake , did not want to chop the hood . You should do well at the track if you hook up , hang on

The 440 sounds very interesting.

I built my 426 for my barracuda around 4 years ago, very happy with the results. Totally streetable car with the right gear ratio, even with the 4 speed manual.

Take care,

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-18 at 12.22.29 PM.jpeg

Watch those rubber caps on the water pump for the heater hose connections. I have had one split, I have a cast iron pump with fittings, so I just installed steel plugs. With aluminum pumps, I have heard of people epoxy the ports, then put the rubber plugs on for decoration. Nice Fish!

Watch those rubber caps on the water pump for the heater hose connections. I have had one split, I have a cast iron pump with fittings, so I just installed steel plugs. With aluminum pumps, I have heard of people epoxy the ports, then put the rubber plugs on for decoration. Nice Fish!
thanks for the tip. do you know where to get those steel caps?. I looked for them without success.

Your nipples are cast into the aluminum. Mine were threaded into the cast iron pump. The easiest thing would be throw a couple of rubber caps into the glove box. You could take the caps off and put some epoxy into the nipples, you just don’t want it moving down into the impeller. You might be able to thread the inside of the nipple for a screw in plug. You don’t want to break the pump. I just have had one pop.

-
Back