440/727 value

-

motorpirate

serial mopar owner
Reaction score
I just had somone at work offer me a 440/727 out of a motorhome(he thinks a '73?) it was driven to where it was removed and he said it seemed to run and shift good.this guy is a gear head but more of a brand "X" racer and really has no interest in a Mopar.
I know next to nothing about big blocks as far as performance mods go so:

does this thing have any performance potential?
Do motorhomes typically have decent heads for performance use?I wold hate to buy it and find out all I really bought was a block!!
any thoughts on the trans??gear ratios ect??
Most important WHAT IS THIS THING WORTH??(all he said in passing as he mentined it was CHEAP)

Me too. There's a 440/727 motorhome engine/trans available up my way too. I think it's a 79 though???... These would have cast cranks, I assume? What about the heads???..good??..junk?? They say it runs good. I think I'll check 'em out.

You know I wondered that too. how can I tell its displacement and /or what heads it has withought dissassembly?
Thanks guys
Chuck

I think the 413s have 3 center exhaust bolts. still should be worth 100 or two with the transmission. jmo

You will have to either look for the block casting on the side or the block stamping one the pad near the distributor.

Only the big truck and industrial applications had the different heads and manifolds.

As you can see the 413 was used until 1977.

This link may help
http://www.440source.com/blocks.htm

Chuck

-
Back