440 a body headers

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

paul smart

Reaction score
new to the site just curious what headers to run in a 69 cuda with a rb motor probably a fairly big tube header as its will be a superchargerd application. thanks in advance people

I've used the 2" primary, 3-1/2" collector TTI's twice, and have been very pleased with them.

Ive went thru several sets of the Hooker super comp fender wells---they sure cracked easily !!

I bought some new Hedman 2" fender wells last year--so far so good. They are MUCH nicer quality than the Hookers.

spend the extra $ on the Hedmans if you go with fender well style. They can be removed from the car in about 10 minutes , and everything is easy to get to.

Under chassis style = TTI are nice--but make it hard to work on stuff-- starter / etc...

definately not fenderwell headers never liked the look plus tire rub problems(at least years ago when people ran them)plus im just installing new inner fenders so i dont want to cut them.thanks again

here ya go.:wack:

supercharged motors take a pretty good size diameter head pipe and a large size collector.

mine are 2 3/8" for 6", 2 1/2" for 6" and 2 5/8" for the remianing 22" with a 5" collector.

if your not wanting to get everything out of your motor the largest tti header should do you a good job.

View attachment older Pictures 255.jpg

View attachment older Pictures 253.jpg

View attachment older Pictures 258.jpg

View attachment older Pictures 276.jpg

View attachment older Pictures 311.jpg

View attachment older Pictures 314.jpg

View attachment older Pictures 322.jpg

View attachment older Pictures 346.jpg

View attachment older Pictures 345.jpg

View attachment older Pictures 344.jpg

Mad Dog also has big tube underchassis A body headers , cheaper than tti

@abodyjoe I bought them. they came uncoated. They fit like a champ. with 2" primes and 3.5" collectors. Easy to install. Took me a a few hours to figure out how to put them in since they are pieced together. But now that I know how they install I am able to put them in and out in under 5 mins. Well worth the money and awesome design. They make plug access easy. I'd recommend these to anyone. I'll take pics in the next day or so to show how well they fit.

The pro parts headers I had on my Dart are going back on. The only ding required was to clear the pitman arm. They hang pretty low, the right one is close to the trans pan rail. There are a few drawbacks. Unequal tube length. I have 4/2/1 collectors turned for ground clearance.

here ya go.:wack:

supercharged motors take a pretty good size diameter head pipe and a large size collector.

mine are 2 3/8" for 6", 2 1/2" for 6" and 2 5/8" for the remianing 22" with a 5" collector.

if your not wanting to get everything out of your motor the largest tti header should do you a good job.
Bob, are they in the car or your living room? Sure are purty.....

@Paul Smart - They fit with auto and 4speeds. the install procedure is just different while the actual pipe design remain the same. Here are a couple top pics. sorry if they are hard to see. I sprayed them while they were in the car. I got reaaaaally lazy and didn't want to take them back out to paint them. and yes they are touching the steering shaft but that is due to the motor not being in the correct position I think is 2 inches forward and for sure 2 lower to help with weight ratio. (and sorry for the wires everywhere. I put spare wires on just to get it moving) anyways hope these help.

View attachment 2012-04-03_10-57-51_686.jpg

View attachment 2012-04-03_10-58-08_806.jpg

Here's a set on a 440 A body with a block plate (Butch's car @ moparts) He said he had to ding them a little bit near the starter. He also has Flowmaster Scavenger Header Collectors attached to them.

7037290-100_1662.jpg

7037293-100_1683.jpg

7037294-100_1687.jpg

7037296-100_1692.jpg

I have a set for my 383 but am no where there putting the engine back in. I have heard now that they don't fit low decks worth crap so I guess I will see:-|

MDHeaders1-1.jpg

MDHeaders2-1.jpg

@inkjunkie -I have a 451 stroker (400 lowdeck) with 516 heads. These fit good however, if you do order them make sure you order per block. I mean order the madog low deck headers for low deck or rb headers for the rb motor. I hear they do NOT interchange like rb headers on low deck, again thats what I hear. They fit like a champ easy to put in. but a little tight around the steering shaft but thats again due to my engine placement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back