440 and 727 for sale on marketplace

-
And thanks again to everyone who's been helping me learn Mopar!! Lost of questions when it comes to these cars!!! They make chevy look easy! Lol so again thanks for all the help and if we were closer to one another I'd say come look at this mess I got myself into and have a beer haha

Ok listen here all you lil buddies. Before Everyone gets their feelings hurt... Let me dig deeper into what I'm going for. Lol By bore and stroke it to the max. I was hoping to bore and stroke it to the max that I can.. safely and reliably... sure anyone can "think" they're going to throw a 543 stroker kit into a 440. Kind of like all the big block chevys I've built In the past. I can't tell you how many guys bored 454s .100 over and stroked them to a 505 and even bigger. they blew up and were literally turds at the track. Where the smart people would do a 489 or 496... or even 468 big block chevys and totally blow the doors off most competitors. So that's what I'm going for. Sorry I wasn't clearer on that one. I want to take a 440 to the max I can before it becomes a unreliable pos. No doubt getting a old block I'm going to have to atleast hone it. And do bearings possibly bore it and even more... I'm going to build this car as a drag car. High compression nitrous engine... just that statement alone means new internals and much better heads/Higher compression. My dad and I did toss the hemi idea around but we decided to stick with a 440 build. NOW whomever said you never bore and stroke a engine for cubic inches. Has to be a clinton supporter lol. I get that most people wanting a nice cool running street engine never want to bore it over if they don't have too. But for all the drag racers out there boring and stroking their engines for more performance. I guess they just don't no what they're doing!? ‍♂️

No biggie. And to be clear, I wasn't trying to be insulting.......quite the opposite. Using phrases like that usually indicates a level of ignorance in car guy circles that gets snickers when your back is turned. It's obvious you don't have "that" level of ignorance. Sure, stroke it to your heart's content, but the ONLY reason I would bore it would be to get to a popular bore size for an affordable, available piston, NOT for power.

No biggie. And to be clear, I wasn't trying to be insulting.......quite the opposite. Using phrases like that usually indicates a level of ignorance in car guy circles that gets snickers when your back is turned. It's obvious you don't have "that" level of ignorance. Sure, stroke it to your heart's content, but the ONLY reason I would bore it would be to get to a popular bore size for an affordable, available piston, NOT for power.
Exactly... I know what you mean. Those stroker kits are definitely much more expensive then typical BBC stroker kits. I guess that's what It cost to be a cool mopar guy... lol

Ok, I see your point but to have a fresh Aluiminum headed 440 using stock block forged crank and rods there are more expensive routes.

Sure, there are always more expensive routes.

And thanks again to everyone who's been helping me learn Mopar!! Lost of questions when it comes to these cars!!! They make chevy look easy! Lol so again thanks for all the help and if we were closer to one another I'd say come look at this mess I got myself into and have a beer haha

Chevys are easy , anybody can make one run and run hard . Way cheaper too, how about a a low 8 second 350 vega ??

Chevys are easy , anybody can make one run and run hard . Way cheaper too, how about a a low 8 second 350 vega ??

Always liked Vegas, Pintos, Gremlins, Hornets, Mavericks, and even Chevettes.

What exactly is the purpose of the car? What you sound like, is a guy that will spend a lot, blow the main saddles out of a stock block, and then either go back to bowtie, or or have to spend on the right stuff a 2nd time. If you have the cash - buy an aftermarket block. There are some around, most are currently nightmares. Welcome to mopar. But if you are talking about 1-2 kits, big inches, and some form of racing, a stock block is a timebomb with even the best parts in it. So budget to build a twin block for it probably ever other year, depending on the use. Which brings me back to - what is this actually for?
On the Gen 3 - cool idea. Cheapest way to big numbers by staying Mopar. But use turbos, not nitrous.

-
Back