-

604B1duster

Reaction score
Which do you have or prefer ?
Bds is 3.3in tall and the Hampton is
6.3in ——more distributor clearance ?
Pics would be great. Thanks

Last edited:
Cant speak to the RB manifold because all my research has been on SB manifolds but I would also check out Dyers.

What ever you get make sure it has a blow off built in, some companies do not.

What ever you get, please post it.

I'd love to see your build!

Yes indeed, Pics Please! The Dyers intake looks like a good solid design, and Indy also has some with max wedge ports but they have burst panels instead of pop off valves. I can vouch for the need for the pop off/back fire release valves having seen them activated on a neighbors 6-71 355 small block Nova. They had just put it back together and were setting the timing to get it to run after a cam swap. I honestly thought it was going to burn the car and garage both down....

I’ve not seen the Hampton but have no complaints with the BDS intake. There are no clearance issues with either a stock or taller billet style distributor. It’s got the backfire valve and I drilled/tapped the intake for a fitting to measure vacuum/boost.

1F677CC6-2743-4301-A9B1-D85FCBE0617B.jpeg

652BCA64-A74F-400B-AC30-1E5383CCC84F.jpeg

No pics right now sorry guys. I got a 6-71 with two 750 edelbrocks off Craigslist. I was going to put it on a w2 motor but that plan changed. I am putting it on a 528 -440, I need to have spinning assembly balanced and put it together with either ported edelbrocks(I have) or going to buy a set of 240 trick flows. The Hampton is a 2 piece welded deal, 6.3 in tall $825 polished, The BDS is 3.3 in tall, $710, polished. I had been toying with the idea of a blower spacer but wouldn’t need it with the Hampton. Going for 9.3 compression and only 4-5 lbs of boost. The 6-71 is going to have a hard time making boost on 528 and I’m not going to push it.
Nice ! 70Duster440, real nice setup! Any pics with a hood on your car? I like that throttle linkage, who makes it ?
I’m putting this in a 70 Dart with Fenderwell headers.

Last edited:
I just found 70Duster440’s blower mock-up page. Very informative, what did you do for radiator and fan ? Thanks

I just found 70Duster440’s blower mock-up page. Very informative, what did you do for radiator and fan ? Thanks

With a 3" belt drive I had no room for a fan in the usual location. In fact, I had to delete the power steering because there was no room for the extra v-belt pulley. A 26" radiator would also be better but at the time I didn't want to modify my 22" core support. So, I went with a two row cross flow and I think it actually cools better than the 3 row copper/brass and mechanical fan with shroud I had before I added the blower. Fan is a SPAL pusher. It all does the job but run the bigger radiator if you can.

More details here: Cooling System - 1970 Plymouth Big Block Duster Project

I’ve not seen the Hampton but have no complaints with the BDS intake. There are no clearance issues with either a stock or taller billet style distributor. It’s got the backfire valve and I drilled/tapped the intake for a fitting to measure vacuum/boost.

View attachment 1715327663

View attachment 1715327664
Only reason I gave this a like is because we don't have a super like! That is just plain cool right there. Nice!

Thanks for posting 70duster440 !
Awesome job on your car. Its going to make things quicker and easier for me. I decided to buy a polished BDS manifold. The hood on the car was already cut for a T ram so I shouldn’t have to cut that much more with the BDS and 6-71. Thanks again

Thanks for posting 70duster440 !
Awesome job on your car. Its going to make things quicker and easier for me. I decided to buy a polished BDS manifold. The hood on the car was already cut for a T ram so I shouldn’t have to cut that much more with the BDS and 6-71. Thanks again

Hey - no problem. Thank you! I'm glad you found it useful. Looking forward to seeing any pics you post.

Hey - no problem. Thank you! I'm glad you found it useful. Looking forward to seeing any pics you post.
I have a couple more questions about your motor. I see a crank hub in your pics, no balancer ? ..... And is the crank and hub/balancer double keyed ? Thanks again

It is a crank hub - no balancer. The hub is double keyed and I had a guy broach another keyway in the crank. The advice is to double key. I know others say they did not and have no problems. With a hub you gotta figure out how you're going to mark for timing. An SFI rated balancer is the other option assuming the register is the correct size for blower pulleys. You still have to decide on double keying or not.

-
Back