440 low profile roots style manifold

-

tooslow

Reaction score
I want to install a low profile roots 6-71 , BDS makes them
Question:
Does anyone have experience making a 6-71 manifold from a low rise dual quad manifold and an AL plate?
Most Blower manifolds sold are very tall , 5 inches or so
My Goal
I want to keep the blower under my tall 6 pack hood scoop . I take my car to track days at Road America and a Huge blower sticking out of the hood is not allowed because of vision issues.
Presently i have a High rise manifold with dual quads and tall air cleaners under a 6 pack hood . This passes safety inspection .
I do not want to run a centrifugal style blower (procharger)

There are 3/4 inch aluminum adapter plates available on eBay for around $100 that adapt low profile dual fours to superchargers, but I would be wary about flex in the casting of a conventional manifold. If you look at most B-R/B blower intakes they are manufactured to catch the china walls on the end of the block. A 6-71 or similar blower takes around 100 hp to drive at full load. Supercharger mounting surfaces need to be rigid and flat and true to within .004 of an inch, confirmed with a machinists quality straight edge and feeler gauges, after the intake is torqued down. You may want to check out Weinle MotorSports for some ideas. I think it may be possible to get enough aluminum plate to weld up a conventional manifold to eliminate the factory valley tray by meeting the top end flanges of the block and join up to a prefabbed adapter plate, but I would add some serious (at least 5/16 aluminum plate) bracing in any place I could find to put it.

There are 3/4 inch aluminum adapter plates available on eBay for around $100 that adapt low profile dual fours to superchargers, but I would be wary about flex in the casting of a conventional manifold. If you look at most B-R/B blower intakes they are manufactured to catch the china walls on the end of the block. A 6-71 or similar blower takes around 100 hp to drive at full load. Supercharger mounting surfaces need to be rigid and flat and true to within .004 of an inch, confirmed with a machinists quality straight edge and feeler gauges, after the intake is torqued down. You may want to check out Weinle MotorSports for some ideas. I think it may be possible to get enough aluminum plate to weld up a conventional manifold to eliminate the factory valley tray by meeting the top end flanges of the block and join up to a prefabbed adapter plate, but I would add some serious (at least 5/16 aluminum plate) bracing in any place I could find to put it.

It's probably only feasible if you have access to a metal shaper or milling and machine and a tig welder. I just realized I failed to mention anything about the other complication of having to add a pop off valve into the circuit along the way. I understand that Dyers makes a lower profile 440 blower intake too.

47395430-599E-4362-8D4C-24BB1727BD1E.jpeg
The BDS manifold is 3.25” tall
A typical 671 is 7.5” tall
Perhaps consider a ModMan intake at 5.5” tall with a BlowerShop 250 Blower that’s also 5.5” tall.

The Blower Shops 250 BB blower is 5.5 inches tall but they do not make a mainifold for a MOPAR , I have a tig welder and access to a Pratt Whitney milling machine .
Seems like alot of work to shave 1.25 in off the height providing I use a 3/4 plate ?
Thank you for your thoughts , its fun to plan

So what is your max height ?
If you can adapt that low profile 6-71 to the bds manifold your at 8 3/4 plus carbs, throttle bodies or hat

Last edited:
-
Back