440 Six Pack Carburetor Question

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
On the outboard carburetors on the 440 six pack, are the float bowls the same as any other dual feed four barrel Holley vacuum secondary? They sure look the same. I have one with a stripped float adjuster hole. We're not concerned with numbers, just function. Does anyone know? Thank you drive through.

Seems to me, they're the same as a 4Bbl sec bowl..

Yes, I believe that they are the same as any other Holley...

Seems to me, they're the same as a 4Bbl sec bowl..

Well, if I was to use a secondary bowl, that would put the fuel inlet on the opposite side. Unless I mounted it upside down. lol

SO that answered my question. They are six pack specific, since they are essentially secondary bowls, but with the fuel inlet on the opposite side. I'm just gonna fix this one. Thank you drive through.

SO that answered my question. They are six pack specific, since they are essentially secondary bowls, but with the fuel inlet on the opposite side. I'm just gonna fix this one. Thank you drive through.

You're probably right! I take a Pri bowl won't work either?
A good friend of mine used to campaign a 6 Bbl combo in Stock (25 yrs ago) I'll check in with him to see if he's got any stuffed away..

FWIW, Sight plugs are lower on the six pack outboards.
upload_2020-7-17_10-10-8.png

A dual feed bowl secondary (no pump option) that that I'm using ......
upload_2020-7-17_10-13-39.png

I guess obviously you had to drill out the fuel inlet to be on the correct side?
No, it actually came that way. Not sure of the original carb application. They still sell plugs. I'm thinking bowls are still available(?).

No, it actually came that way. Not sure of the original carb application. They still sell plugs. I'm thinking bowls are still available(?).

I haven't found one yet. The only bowls I am awaer of threaded on both sides is the Dominator bowls. That would certainly work. Thanks. At least I have a viable option if nothing else.

Ok so the numbers are important. He wants the value to still be there. So now I am lookin for an original GOOD float bowl for an outboard six pack carburetor. I will post in the wanted section. Please reply there or send me a PM. Thanks.

I haven't found one yet. The only bowls I am awaer of threaded on both sides is the Dominator bowls. That would certainly work. Thanks. At least I have a viable option if nothing else.

The Dominator bowl will have the holes open in the bottom for the accelerator pump.

The Dominator bowl will have the holes open in the bottom for the accelerator pump.

I know. I can fix that, but he wants the real six pack bowl so that's what we're lookin for now. I thank you.

You are correct sir! They are 6Bbl specific.. my friend confirmed that for me..us.
Hope you can find one! Driving on., ;)

Try Holley, they sell a lot of parts. I have bought base plates and float bowls for my six pack, although it was a number of years ago.

The only carb I can think of that would have the dual fuel inlets and be VS and have the bowl like the one Daves69 is using is the HP750VS.

Try Holley, they sell a lot of parts. I have bought base plates and float bowls for my six pack, although it was a number of years ago.

I can get a kit.....or a whole carburetor. lol

This is who I got a bowl from years ago.

Chicago Carburetor
I picked up some EBay sale parts at his shop just to check it out a couple years back. If I recall the owner's name is Al and he was very helpful to me. I believe he also runs Chicago Corvette.
Does rebuild and restore work right there. I did ask him about a replacement outboard bowl. He said he could still get them but it would be expensive. I balked on it since I had something that works already. He also offered and printed out the build lists for my marine six pack set (Lists 6105-06-07 in post 8).
He said he's heard of 'em but had never actually seen a set himself. I only brought a picture of the list numbers with at the time.
There was actually a marine set on Ebay maybe 3 months ago.

Last edited:
The only carb I can think of that would have the dual fuel inlets and be VS and have the bowl like the one Daves69 is using is the HP750VS.
A little follow up on this bowl.
I'm thinking it's an older bowl just by the look of it. I've had it on quite a while now, maybe since '84/'85. When I bought the six pack setup in '78 it already had a 4 bbl VS bowl on the front. I can't remember what carb that dual feed bowl came on when I swapped it.

I pulled the bowl off as I'm re-painting the intake and carbs are over due anyway. 34R64842B is the Holley engineering number from within. The fitting tap looks like factory or someone was as good as factory on a mod. Glare got me a bit but that is a " 6 " not showing up. A net search came up a goose egg.......
upload_2020-7-17_20-57-36.png

Thanks yall. Chris actually lucked up and found one on the B bodies site. I'm still in shock. The guy said it was on a carburetor on a 68 Mustang with a 390 but it was on the rear of the carburetor. He said he knew what it was because the fuel inlet was on the driver's side. lol All he wanted for it was a good secondary float bowl which I am sending.

A little follow up on this bowl.
I'm thinking it's an older bowl just by the look of it. I've had it on quite a while now, maybe since '84/'85. When I bought the six pack setup in '78 it already had a 4 bbl VS bowl on the front. I can't remember what carb that dual feed bowl came on when I swapped it.

I pulled the bowl off as I'm re-painting the intake and carbs are over due anyway. 34R64842B is the Holley engineering number from within. The fitting tap looks like factory or someone was as good as factory on a mod. Glare got me a bit but that is a " 6 " not showing up. A net search came up a goose egg.......
View attachment 1715563281

Thank you for that number, Dave!

-
Back