440 source engine packages

-
The horsepower claims make sense to me. I made 550 HP out of a 500 with a lot less cam and ported iron heads.

About what? HP ratings are pretty close to what could be expected using the sum of parts.
We're not talking small block here we're talking big strokers.
I don't have a small block, calm down killer spring will be here soon enough.

Screenshot_20230124-185934_Chrome.jpg

I wonder if I could get them to replace the orange engine paint for Ford light blue.
All my engines have been Ford blue. It looks like it belongs.
and they can keep the glass fuel filter and Fram oil filter. lol

Last week I dyno'd a stock stroke 440 @9.5:1 with stealth heads, the smallest cam (520hp pkg) listed with 1.6 ratio rockers, 2" a body fenderwells, wy-and stealth 2 plane and a 750 hollwy 4160. It made 520ft lbs from way down low and peaked at 480ish hp around 5300ish rpm. The stroker combo numbers do not appear to be out of line IMO. The PqX rockers scare me lol. Aside from the gravel roller bearings, the shafts were football shaped.

That’s all the parts. They arent doing the machine work and assembly.
Yup. From their website:
"You supply a machined engine block, (we'll match the stroker kit to the finished bore size of your block) and this kit includes everything else you need to assemble a 100% BRAND NEW, 100% complete engine, air cleaner to oil pan, water pump to flexplate. We even include the carb, fuel pump, starter and related hardware, and the cam assembly and break in lubes. And even engine paint, so you can totally complete the build."

So you buy their kit to complete your block.

This is more or less the same estimate I got when I was just trying to get a quote for a stroker kit. I talked to one of the sales people and they put together a full build quote for me and it was pretty much all this stuff for the 520 horsepower build..

This is more or less the same estimate I got when I was just trying to get a quote for a stroker kit. I talked to one of the sales people and they put together a full build quote for me and it was pretty much all this stuff for the 520 horsepower build..
It seems like a pretty good price for what's in the kit.
Considering everything is new.

Is 500ci, cnc'd Stealth heads, HFT 251*/257* @ 0.050" & 0.564" lift, Performer RPM intake, and 950 4150 carb really good for 650 hp??

It seems like a pretty good price for what's in the kit.
Considering everything is new.
I just think there's a lot of things that you don't have to buy new.. you know like a timing cover and other things I don't know if that's even on their list but I remember there was quite a few things on the list that they gave me that I wasn't going to purchase from them. I'll probably buy a used intake manifold and some other things..

I think 440 source has been in this game long enough to have pretty predictable numbers from their packages...

-
Back