-

cuda620

Reaction score
Hi, lookin for advice? On building a 451 for street use mostly. Some drag, 90/10 maybe. Using edelbrock 84cc performer aluminum heads, adjustable valvetrain, 3000 pound A body, 727, 3:55 Dana 60. Maybe a solid cam? Haven’t decided yet. Gotta be able to do a road trip if I want. Maybe DD. Overdrive as money allowes, gearvendors. Mopar/ Mercedes tranny’s too big. Lookin to compare notes. Thanks

I’m not exactly qualified to compare notes LMAO!
But, I was in on a friends build pretty closely. Now forgive the make, but it can help I think.

He took his ‘70 Chevy Nova 4spd w/3.55’s and 26 inch tires and put in a stroker 454 to 493(?)

Same idea as your. He used a solid roller cam in the 242/248 (iirc)

The car has hook issues being worked on but otherwise from a roll, it goes really nice with a heck of a top end charge. I enjoyed the ride.

He choice of parts was, well, at a short coming for his wishes. He wanted it to look stock-ish, kind of, ya know what I mean? Stock Chevy aluminum intake, stock looking heads though they are not....
After that, typical headers and Holley carb open air cleaner etc....

He hasn’t had it down the 1/4 and doesn’t plan to.
But it is fun!

OH! It is a bit of a pain to install an automatic OD trans on a big block. The adapter plate for a trans just adds to the PIA of it all. Mopar trans or other.

-
Back