1. cuda620

cuda620 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:25 AM
    Hi, lookin for advice? On building a 451 for street use mostly. Some drag, 90/10 maybe. Using edelbrock 84cc performer aluminum heads, adjustable valvetrain, 3000 pound A body, 727, 3:55 Dana 60. Maybe a solid cam? Haven’t decided yet. Gotta be able to do a road trip if I want. Maybe DD. Overdrive as money allowes, gearvendors. Mopar/ Mercedes tranny’s too big. Lookin to compare notes. Thanks

2. rumblefish360

rumblefish360 so close yet so far away

Local Time:
    9:25 AM
    I’m not exactly qualified to compare notes LMAO!
    But, I was in on a friends build pretty closely. Now forgive the make, but it can help I think.

He took his ‘70 Chevy Nova 4spd w/3.55’s and 26 inch tires and put in a stroker 454 to 493(?)

Same idea as your. He used a solid roller cam in the 242/248 (iirc)

The car has hook issues being worked on but otherwise from a roll, it goes really nice with a heck of a top end charge. I enjoyed the ride.

He choice of parts was, well, at a short coming for his wishes. He wanted it to look stock-ish, kind of, ya know what I mean? Stock Chevy aluminum intake, stock looking heads though they are not....
    After that, typical headers and Holley carb open air cleaner etc....

He hasn’t had it down the 1/4 and doesn’t plan to.
    But it is fun!

3. rumblefish360

rumblefish360 so close yet so far away

Local Time:
    9:25 AM
    OH! It is a bit of a pain to install an automatic OD trans on a big block. The adapter plate for a trans just adds to the PIA of it all. Mopar trans or other.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.