4spdragtop ! and our other Canadian members

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone of you chime in and let us know how everyone is doing up there in gods country please, I am worried about Sid (OldVart) and all our members up there
Prayers sent out to all around the fire area that is going on.. :(

Doesn't sound good, reports are saying 90% of Fort McMurray buildings lost.

I don't think it's quite that bad yet. Some neighbourhoods are completely lost though. Everyone got out, with no causalities or injuries from the fire. Only two dead in a traffic accident between an SUV and semi. Pretty damn good considering they evacuated 88,000 people in just about every direction. Anzac was an evacuation location, which is now being evacuated. The town is completely cut off from the south, the fire has jumped the highway and rivers. And I believe it's cut off from the north, the fire is too close to the road up there. Currently sieging downtown. But they seem to have held it off for now. Last I read at least. The airport is still open but no flights. Fire is close though, some out buildings have been lost. Doubt they will stick around long but who knows. They are fighting hard to hold the fire, but it's grown 8X as big in the last 24 hours. The weather isn't helping at all. Here's the latest map I could find.

rpSlg

They are saying the whole town could be lost. If it is, they are estimating 9+ Billion in damages. I will say this though. I am proud of all my fellow Albertans and Canadians coming together to help out. People have been driving up and down the highways with gas and supplies to get people on their way. Opening their ranches and acreages to people and their animals. The oil companies have been incredible. Opening camps to people. Sending their own workers home and cutting production just to help create more space to house evacuees. Over 25,000 people are being housed in oil camps right now. Planes are being brought in to evacuate them all to Edmonton. They are worried the fire will spread north and start taking the camps. Absolutely outstanding co-operation.

I personally found this picture to be the most harrowing. Just a woman. Trying to save her animals. Galloping through downtown Fort Mcmurray. While you can clearly see the city burning in the background.
Oc4sD

If anyone on here can help. I ask that you do.

.............I'm thinking the help they are getting from the other provinces and the federal government is too little too late, its a dam sorry site and to think in this day and age that the fire couldn't of been under control long b 4 it got too a populated area...........I don't know anyone up there, but I really feel for them in all this devastation.....Most ppl only got out with the clothes on their backs......I cant even imagine their pain and suffering as everything they know and love will be lost .....Please donate if u are able....kim.....

.............I'm thinking the help they are getting from the other provinces and the federal government is too little too late, its a dam sorry site and to think in this day and age that the fire couldn't of been under control long b 4 it got too a populated area...........I don't know anyone up there, but I really feel for them in all this devastation.....Most ppl only got out with the clothes on their backs......I cant even imagine their pain and suffering as everything they know and love will be lost .....Please donate if u are able....kim.....
praying for Rin for that area !

Yes its abolute devastation up there. From reports im hearing Fort Mac will have to be totally rebuilt.
Donations are truly needed! Worst evacuation in Alberta history. If someone has the phone numbers info for donations please post

Yes its abolute devastation up there. From reports im hearing Fort Mac will have to be totally rebuilt.
Donations are truly needed! Worst evacuation in Alberta history. If someone has the phone numbers info for donations please post
Just contact the Canadian Red Cross, they should be able to guide you, at that is what they told us on the tv news.
canadianredcross.ca

Last edited:
Just contact the Canadian Red Cross, they should be able to guide you, at that is what they told us on the tv news.

The red cross is the best place to donate. As the Canadian government is matching every dollar given. It doubles your donation.

I was in shoppers drug mart the other day and you can make a donation there too

-
Back