5.2 magnum intake and factory AC ?

-

rustytoolss

Reaction score
Will any of the 4BRL after market Magnum intake manifolds fit and bolt up to the factory AC and brackets The engine and AC will be from a 1995 Dakota 5.2.

NO.. I believe you have to trim the rear A/c mount on the big alt/ac/pulley/ front engine bracket. the pad in which the ac pump sits, the rear mounting points have to be massaged to fit but it can be done.

• So as Jim Carry said in Dumb and Dumber..."So your telling me there's a chance" I'll that that as a yes.

all magnum intakes...or which one ?
NO.. I believe you have to trim the rear A/c mount on the big alt/ac/pulley/ front engine bracket. the pad in which the ac pump sits, the rear mounting points have to be massaged to fit but it can be done.

all magnum intakes...or which one ?
From what I understand "most of them" it s due to the location change for the thermostat on the factory Keg manifold it's off to the left of the block behind the alt.
Most after market manifold move it back to the more "traditional" center location.

Last edited:
Let me start by saying, I dont have any hands on experience with this.....
That being said, it was my understanding the Edelbrock 7577 was a direct fit, with the serpentine belt system including the AC.
The other manifolds ie: speedmaster, etc. has the t-stat where the LA motor does, and works better with the V-Belt drive system.
I plan to use the 7577 myself. Just put a deposit on a 5.9 magnum.....

Let me start by saying, I dont have any hands on experience with this.....
That being said, it was my understanding the Edelbrock 7577 was a direct fit, with the serpentine belt system including the AC.
The other manifolds ie: speedmaster, etc. has the t-stat where the LA motor does, and works better with the V-Belt drive system.
I plan to use the 7577 myself. Just put a deposit on a 5.9 magnum.....
I don't have an engine yet also. But thinking it will be around 1995 5.2 with the serpentine belt system , and may try to reuse the factory AC pump ( if possible) . But will need an intake . Want to avoid using the fuel injection and computer system.

-
Back