5.7 ecu/wiring

-

Elwood blues

Reaction score
For the 5.7 swap I'm working on I still need an engine harness and the ecu. I plan to get one from the junkyard yard. anything I need to know before I do and is there anything else I might need to pull with those thing? Got a 2005 5.7 from a truck with a 727 trans. I'm not super familiar with this stuff so any help or knowledge is appreciated.

Sounds like your going to run the EFI. You might want to get the gas pedal and wiring on it too. You have your work cut out for you.

Last edited:
No point in getting wiring harness unless you know exactly how to separate and remove what you don’t need. You will be better off ready through the threads to determine what kind of management system fits your needs and checkbook. There are several types out there. Edlebrock, Mopar performance megasquirt, Hotwire, Fast EFI. You will also need a flex plate for the 727. if you get an ECU get an 05 or 09 out of a truck chances are it will not need to be flashed.

Last edited:
I'm already looking for an 05 ecu cause that's what the engine I got came out of but it was hot the day I pulled it and I forgot it. And do I need a spacer for the flex plate too I thought I read somewhere that I did. Will the after market harness just plug right into everything?

I'm already looking for an 05 ecu cause that's what the engine I got came out of but it was hot the day I pulled it and I forgot it. And do I need a spacer for the flex plate too I thought I read somewhere that I did. Will the after market harness just plug right into everything?
Hotwire has harness that plugs in. It is about $1200.00 with great tech support. You will need headers. What is it going in and What are plans for the car street/strip. Do you plan on upgrading k memeber now or later. I only know about Hotwire that is what I have

Last edited:
Going in my 71 Scamp for a street/strip car. And I will be keeping the stock k member for now. I have both a slant 6 and v8 k member.

Can some explain the megasquirts to me? Like what the difference between 1, 2,and 3 and any advantage to better more than the basic version

Before you make up your mind, check out diyhemi.com. I have not confirmed his work yet but I eventually will. He has a lot of good info and interesting youtube videos. If it is all correct, it really changes the Gen3 hemi game.

Cley

-
Back