5.7 Hemi Rebuild

-

moparspares

Reaction score
Mine is from a 04 Ram I think. I pulled it down and it had a spun bearing on one of the mains. I had cylinders honed, new cam bearings, new mains and rod bearings and also using ARP Studs. In early stages of putting back together.

Any advice on cam, intake, throttle body to get another 50HP but still keep it very mild with good street manners.

Keeping the fuel injection?

If so, get better flowing injectors and rails, headers or SRT exhaust instead of the logs, and a cam. Put a tune on it and 50+ should be easy.

I have an 04 and my plans are to do the 6.1 cam. I’m already running the 6.1 intake and have a set off eagle heads to put on. I don’t want much more power than I have. I just enjoy driving it.

I have an 04 and my plans are to do the 6.1 cam. I’m already running the 6.1 intake and have a set off eagle heads to put on. I don’t want much more power than I have. I just enjoy driving it.

If you have the intake, hopefully you got the rails and injectors. They don't' "add" anything, but they'll prevent the 5.7 from "potentially" being starved. probably no big deal.

I
If you have the intake, hopefully you got the rails and injectors. They don't' "add" anything, but they'll prevent the 5.7 from "potentially" being starved. probably no big deal.
I have the rails and injectors and t- body. Been running on there for 9 years now.

Tks I will have a look around for the 6.1 Cam and Exhaust manifolds
I think long tube headers will definitely help the HP. They run pretty high you can get Jeep shorty headers. From what I’ve seen the cheapest upgrade to early 5.7 is the 6.1 cam. I know everyone want more horsepower. I don’t really know how more HP will even benefit my application. I really enjoy driving all these years with great gas mileage 24mpg. I really only drive a little over the speed limit and if I need to pass there is plenty horses there to do it. I take it once a year to the track for fun and autocross race 6 months outa the year. (In second gear)

-
Back