5.7 Hemi stock wiring harness mods

-

YWGScamp72

Reaction score
Hello I've purchased a 5.7 hemi from a Canadian 2005 dodge pickup I plan to swap into my 1972 Plymouth scamp with a 318/727.
I've researched the majority of the mods and parts I will need but I am having trouble finding information on wiring. I've heard Canadian vehicles wiring harness is different on the body side of the c130 to the fuse box.
I'm looking for information on what I need to use and what I can eliminate from the harness and the motor., Wiring diagrams, anything that might help with wiring up this swap.
Thanks for your help! I'll make sure to create a build thread as I work on this swap.

DIY Hemi.com has stand alone harness diaphragms you can download.
Thank you for your reply, I've seen the downloads diyhemi.com had available. They say the body side of the c130 (or similar for 2005) is different in Canadian vehicles. Does anybody know the differences? From my understanding I will need to wire relays for start, electric fan, and fuel pump. Along with a constant and an ignition positive is there anything else people know of that will require wiring? I plan on using a 03/04 bellcrank for my throttle. Any information is much appreciated.
Thank you.

Hello I've purchased a 5.7 hemi from a Canadian 2005 dodge pickup I plan to swap into my 1972 Plymouth scamp with a 318/727.
I've researched the majority of the mods and parts I will need but I am having trouble finding information on wiring. I've heard Canadian vehicles wiring harness is different on the body side of the c130 to the fuse box.
I'm looking for information on what I need to use and what I can eliminate from the harness and the motor., Wiring diagrams, anything that might help with wiring up this swap.
Thanks for your help! I'll make sure to create a build thread as I work on this swap.
Hi I am in same boat 2004 5.7 hemi 545 auto transmission into 68 dart I ordered a diy pin out diagram and finding out the difference in the two of them.

I purchased a kit from DIY as well for the pinout and relay switch box which was a nice piece as far as Communications with DIY I found it very difficult not much support. (Very busy understandable being new ) ordered a American-made or Mexican made harness from scrap yard in Ohio which was fantastic correspondence with them so I have myself an American harness and I'm finding that there is quite a bit of difference in the Canadian and the American even in the engine bay. I've gotten closer with this dilemma I think I'm have two wires left to figure out and hopefully that there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Keep you posted

Let me know if you need any help. I did my own harness and still have the alldata info. Also have info on the bellcrank and wiring for it which is different than the pedal.

Let me know if you need any help. I did my own harness and still have the alldata info. Also have info on the bellcrank and wiring for it which is different than the pedal.
Hi dusted that would help me out big time .
Not sure I understand about the Bell crank but something to definitely look into thanks again I appreciate.

I purchased a kit from DIY as well for the pinout and relay switch box which was a nice piece as far as Communications with DIY I found it very difficult not much support. (Very busy understandable being new ) ordered a American-made or Mexican made harness from scrap yard in Ohio which was fantastic correspondence with them so I have myself an American harness and I'm finding that there is quite a bit of difference in the Canadian and the American even in the engine bay. I've gotten closer with this dilemma I think I'm have two wires left to figure out and hopefully that there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Keep you posted
How have things been coming along for you with your harness? Had any luck lately? I'm at the point where I need to get my harness from the white/ body side connector figured out. I have a Canadian harness still. But I can grab an American one of needed. Would still be much cheaper than ordering a ready made one. And I'm sure you know by now the price adds up quickly on these swaps haha

How have things been coming along for you with your harness? Had any luck lately? I'm at the point where I need to get my harness from the white/ body side connector figured out. I have a Canadian harness still. But I can grab an American one of needed. Would still be much cheaper than ordering a ready made one. And I'm sure you know by now the price adds up quickly on these swaps haha

20210228_135951.jpg

Not for the weak at heart I guess . Getting parts are tough . I hope to get back at it once my clips arrive from Kitchener Ontario, been waiting for over 2 weeks if I knew that I would should have drove and picked them up my gosh this is ridiculous this covid everybody's using it as an excuse.

Just keep at it! The payoff will be big once your doing burnouts and you can say that you did it. Nothing wrong with buying a wiring harness either.

Thanks sometime you need a little push once in a while then you need a break as well but I'm not throwing in the white towel yet this is not going to beat me lol....where there's a will there's a way... thanks for the up beat..

-
Back