5.9 Earthquake In VA

-
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1_nht7Zq8o"]Aug 23, 2011 Forest Glen , Maryland earthquake damage - YouTube[/ame]

It was something we very rarely feel or experience here in NC.

You guys were just jealous and wanted to feel like you're in SoCal. LOL

Now you've got it all - tornadoes, blizzards, hurricanes, and now earthquakes! Watch out, frogs and locusts are next!

Seriously, I hope all is well and nobody got hurt.

it was moving my lift chair and it was kind of unnerving.

Now you've got it all - tornadoes, blizzards, hurricanes, and now earthquakes! Watch out, frogs and locusts are next!

Hey Chocolate covered Locusts.

it was my first! Felt like the building suddenly was made of jello in a wind storm? Definately weird!

Yes... welcome to California. LOL

Earthquake centered two counties north of my home. Too close for comfort! Everyone's a little freaked out:hiding:

Never been in a 5.9 earthquake before...At least with Hurricanes you know they're coming!!!

burg

We felt it in Havelock, NC. I was leaning on my desk and asked who was shaking my desk... saw the shades moving... people coming out of conference room saying..."do you feel that??" Wonderful part is that now the hurricane track is shown to make landfall right over my house!!! Wheee!!!

I'm in on the 4th floor in Lebanon, NH and felt it, I thought it was in my head - really weird!

We felt it in Havelock, NC. I was leaning on my desk and asked who was shaking my desk... saw the shades moving... people coming out of conference room saying..."do you feel that??" Wonderful part is that now the hurricane track is shown to make landfall right over my house!!! Wheee!!!

Be safe brother. If something happens and you need a place to stay my wife is in Fayetteville. Just let me know. That goes for anybody.

I never even felt it. Kinda disappointment. Lol.

My brother who lives in nyc says all of downtown has been evacuated.

North Anna Nuclear Power Plant has been shutdown.

It is close to the epicenter of the earthquake.

Sounds like there is no danger to anyone though.

burg

USGS confirms this was the largest earthquake on the East Coast since 1897!!!
That one was also a 5.9 centered in Central Virginia...

burg

-
Back