5.9 magnum bearings

-

05harley

Reaction score
working on a 96' 5.9 magnum out of a dodge ram 1500. Pulled the bearing caps from a rod and main bearing to inspect the journals and see what size bearings are present. neither bearing had the typical stamps (std., .001, .010 etc...) I am used to. The main had "A-100" & "6 96" stamped on it. The rod bearing was loaded with stamps: "2951631"---"F/m"--"0 7 96"---"H-24"---"7 2 4 A"--------all these on the back side of the notched end-------I have looked on several web sites and cannot find any info that relates-------Can anyone help me figure out what these stampings mean???-----I am trying to replace the rod & main bearings without removing the crank and need to know what size to purchase.---Any help would be greatly appreciated---

The 6 96 and the 0 7 96 are the dates the bearings were made. Check your VIN to see if it was a late production 96 model truck. Regardless, those would have been factory originals to the engine and appear to be "standard size" by the info you've provided.

The 6 96 and the 0 7 96 are the dates the bearings were made. Check your VIN to see if it was a late production 96 model truck. Regardless, those would have been factory originals to the engine and appear to be "standard size" by the info you've provided.

Thank You Sir!!

-
Back