5.9 Magnum

-

70Dart499

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good combo's for a mild 5.9 bracket motor and if so please share them

I'll give ya the rundown on mine

91 360 roller block
Stock bottom end (Crank, pistons, rods) with ARP rod bolts, speed pro rings, new sealed power bearings, and a ball hone job
8.5:1 compression
RHS heads as offerred by IMM engines
Mopar .028" compressed thickness head gaskets to get compression UP
Custom ground hydraulic roller by IMM...Specs were vaguely from what I remember 230/230 at .050, .579int/563exh lift, 106 LSA installed 5 degrees advanced
OOTB RPM Air Gap
Holley 750 Street HP carb
1-5/8 headers, 3" exhaust with x pipe and borla xr-1 mufflers
A833 4 speed, Dana 60 w 4.10's, 28x12.5 et streets, 3400lbs with me in it

Car drank 87 octane pump puke and went a best of 12.35 at 109mph?? but ran consistent 12.3x-12.5x's depending on track conditions and weather...couldn't 60 for crap though (best was a 1.69) but it did this and made for a fun ride! With an automatic and a few less pounds this thing woulda ran high 11's no problem! on 87 octane!
CSCN2011wheelsup2-1.png

Curious, how you got 8.5 compression. Did you get the RHS heads at the high end of the cc range? I'm about to put together almost exactly what you have, but hoping to stay close to the factory 9.1 or better.

Curious, how you got 8.5 compression. Did you get the RHS heads at the high end of the cc range? I'm about to put together almost exactly what you have, but hoping to stay close to the factory 9.1.

yes, I got them with 62cc chambers

Factory Magnum heads are 62. Seems to me you should have better than 9.1. The factory gasket is .048.

Factory Magnum heads are 62. Seems to me you should have better than 9.1. The factory gasket is .048.

My engine is not a magnum, its an LA

And for the record, not sure where the 9.1 spec is coming from, but I would take ANYTHING that the factory says something is with a grain of salt...cc it all and do your calcs then see what it really is

I see lol. The thread title is 5.9 Magnum.
Sounds like you got decent power with 8.5.

I see lol. The thread title is 5.9 Magnum.
Sounds like you got decent power with 8.5.

true lol...yea, according to calcs based on my time and mph it looked like the car was making 315-330hp at the rear wheels, which in the right chassis can be some serious fun

-
Back