500 Inch Gen 3

-
That's scary.
Dude, it's BRUTAL! How much TQ/ HP would that make? I agree with the OPs concern. Heavy Duty, Hopefully US made internals would help,, maybe cam conservatively and don't spin er to the moon? I'll never own one, but I'd help in the Garage for a Hole Shot!

Dude, it's BRUTAL! How much TQ/ HP would that make? I agree with the OPs concern. Heavy Duty, Hopefully US made internals would help,, maybe cam conservatively and don't spin er to the moon? I'll never own one, but I'd help in the Garage for a Hole Shot!
1000 hp naturally aspirated. That’s 2 hp per every CI.

1000 hp naturally aspirated. That’s 2 hp per every CI.
That's Actually Whoop-***! According to my limited knowledge, 2 HP per, is Killer Volumetric Efficiency! And not Realistic for older tech stuff, and be a daily driver. That's a big deal! My experience w/ the Gen 3s are just driving a few, and riding in a few. The one I drove back from an auction, for a Dealer I knew, was FUN! Dude told me he'd follow me, Tampa Bay Rush Hour!!! Man, he somehow fell behind, and I ended up Bouncin' the hood from point to point on the Veterans Expressway...

Pretty crazy. I think a lot of the ideas from the Big Inch Small Block thread would apply here. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan, work on, and race the gen 3 engines. But, is bigger always better? We shall see. Lot of gen 3s around the country making big numbers, although most have a little help from forced induction.

How am I going to get it to hook?

burnout.jpg

Having just stuffed a 6.1 gen 3 in my Demon, and yes the smiles per mile are insane. You can break it loose at will. With regard to the 500 inch version? I am just wondering what I am going to do with the spare 6.1 I just pulled out of the Demon! Hah, I say bring it!

Maybe I'm too old school but I am struggling with that fit between the cylinder head and the block. The recessed bore seals look good until there is a problem and then what do you do?

Having just stuffed a 6.1 gen 3 in my Demon, and yes the smiles per mile are insane. You can break it loose at will. With regard to the 500 inch version? I am just wondering what I am going to do with the spare 6.1 I just pulled out of the Demon! Hah, I say bring it!
I've got a friend with one bored and stroked square 4.08X4.08 for 426, built by Inertia Motorsports. It was crazy in the SRT8 Jeep it was in. It would do sideways four wheel burnouts at will NA.

I've got a friend with one bored and stroked square 4.08X4.08 for 426, built by Inertia Motorsports. It was crazy in the SRT8 Jeep it was in. It would do sideways four wheel burnouts at will NA.
That's how my 426 is done, bore n stroke.It runs ok.

Maybe I'm too old school but I am struggling with that fit between the cylinder head and the block. The recessed bore seals look good until there is a problem and then what do you do?

The protruding cylinder sleeves are just BIG dowel pins to locate the head on the deck.
:rolleyes:

@Ironracer I love my '16 charger with the 392, and I'm still looking for tires that won't break loose. Currently running Nitto 555 G2 275's maybe some 305 drag radials next time.

The protruding cylinder sleeves are just BIG dowel pins to locate the head on the deck.
Yes, like Big Ring dowels used around the main cap fasteners and sometimes head fasteners in some engines. What I want to see is how the Cometic MLS gasket system is configured. It looks like the deck surface and Inconel alloy O-Rings are separate with a tapered register for the top and a receiver groove on the head. If that’s the case, there’s some serious precision going on there, because the Inconel I have seen is so hard that it has a granular structure. The only metal compression would be the top of the sleeve and the aluminum in the head.

Last edited:
500 Inch Gen III will be possible soon.

Wow! What sayeth the A Body crowd. Kind of cool but at what cost? Longevity?

I like it but you are stuck to using there head package as well. I just looked at the dart block on jegs and I think it was 3900 and I am betting you can get just about 500 cubes from it. I will ask my son tonight as he is playing around with a dart block at work for a customer. I will ask what he is doing to the block.
Dart 31612211: ENGINE BLOCK HEMI 6.1L - JEGS High Performance

:rolleyes:

I don't know. Re-reading the description there are two styles of gaskets in the head, one appears for the deck and sounds like a conventional head gasket and the other at the top of the bores seems to be a metallic O-ring. Still sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.
shruggy.gif

I like it but you are stuck to using there head package as well. I just looked at the dart block on jegs and I think it was 3900 and I am betting you can get just about 500 cubes from it. I will ask my son tonight as he is playing around with a dart block at work for a customer. I will ask what he is doing to the block.
Dart 31612211: ENGINE BLOCK HEMI 6.1L - JEGS High Performance
Looking forward to what he has to say. Thanks!
What are the real benefits from doing this, I wonder? Just because they can? Seems like a lot of cash to say "Mine's this big". I dig it, just a little skeptical. Typically, adding cubes obviously adds power. Or more importantly, torque. Longevity vs. Cost. Those tall liners must be for the sole purpose of running stock length rod with that much stroke. Haven't bothered to run the rod/stroke numbers, but, with the longer rod, might not be so bad. Most of the stroker kits are based with a 6.125 rod.

my 411in stroker still has 6.25in rods in it. 4.095x3.90. i do however have twins on it. the rod length is more for cylinder wear longevity at high cylinder loads. after a year of running i had to replace head gaskets(30+psi oops). cylinders looks perfectly new as when assembled. i can not imagine what that tall cylinder and groved heads are gonna do. hold boost for damn sure but whats load on the skde of cylinder walls gonna be? that is my question.

My son was not to enthused to talk about the block they got. its a beta block so it was less than desirable. had no sleeves, he was under the impression they were going to get a complete block to use as a build platform. So they are hoping to get a better block soon. the release date is still fluid but some of the guys they are building motors for really want to play with these Dart Blocks. he just did a 25k alum promod block that melted the mains in the block, they didn't even think twice at the cost to repair, just wanted the motor back as quickly as they could get it done.

as my son said most of these guys are unlimited budget.

must be nice!!

-
Back