50th Anniversary L0/B0 Reunion at 2018 Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals

-

HemiSSDart

Dartus Interuptus
Reaction score
I will be running the 50th Anniversary of the Hemi Dart and Hemi Barracuda Reunion at the Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals July 13-15! It will be held in conjunction with the main show at the Carlisle Expo Center which is one block outside of the the main gate 3. There will be approximately 40 of the worlds best L0/B0 cars inside the air conditioned Expo Center plus as many clones as we can get on the outside parking lot of the center. If you have never been to Carlisle, this is the time to do it, the worlds BEST Mopar event on the planet! There is no cost to visit the display and we hope to have autograph sessions with some of the drivers/teams of these awesome cars!

I will be running the 50th Anniversary of the Hemi Dart and Hemi Barracuda Reunion at the Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals July 13-15! It will be held in conjunction with the main show at the Carlisle Expo Center which is one block outside of the the main gate 3. There will be approximately 40 of the worlds best L0/B0 cars inside the air conditioned Expo Center plus as many clones as we can get on the outside parking lot of the center. If you have never been to Carlisle, this is the time to do it, the worlds BEST Mopar event on the planet! There is no cost to visit the display and we hope to have autograph sessions with some of the drivers/teams of these awesome cars!
That is AWSOME !

now I have the perfect reason to head to Carlisle next year.....like I needed a reason.

Hi, I and My son are planning to visit the LO/BO Reunion at Carlisle next July. It´s a big step from Europe, and we hope to get the most out of it. Now, my question is, how close can you get to study these car? I mean not in foot :) but are hood off, trunk lid and doors opened? And I don´t think I can bare myself from taking a peak at the undercarriage … quite close, without touching anything of cause… And can you take pictures?

Don´t mean to sound like an A££OO here, but this probably will be a once in a lifetime chance for me as a Wannabee, to see some of the original SS Hemi A-Bodies, that still are close to original.

Just a walk around this car, won’t answer any questions you might have, if you see what I mean…

Thank you, Stefan

3144553638_0df1c41d21.jpg

itioned Expo Center plus as many clones as we can get on the outside parking lot of the center. If you have never been to Carlisle, this is the time to do it, the worlds BEST Mopar event on the planet! There is no cost to visit the display and we hope to have autograph sessions with some of the drivers/teams of these awesome cars!
I hope to have my car (clone) done by then. I would love to join.

You can get as close as the owners will let you. Some prefer you keep your distance, some will let you have a seat in them. Since mine is far from stock you can sit on the trunk if you want and crawl underneath is to you hearts desire! Got 10 coming so so far, should be fun!

Carlisle Expo Center is it right across from gate 3 entrance?

Yes, right outside the main gate. There is a shuttle that takes people back and forth also. Here is the flyer...

IMG_20170818_113121295.jpg

I just pick-up this clone today...Hope to make it. looking for parts. should be a great time.

my hemi 22.jpg

my hemi 8.jpg

Went on the Carlisle web-site and you can sign-up for next year. Looks like there will be other Hurst cars there as well.

logo_event_hurst.jpg

1605 Special Display – 50 Years Of The Hemi Dart & Barracuda As the Hurst Nationals enters its second year, it continues to grow and thrive! For 2018, prepare yourself for the rare and unique, as one ...
ImageHandler.jpg
SPECIAL DISPLAY – 50 YEARS OF THE HEMI DART & BARRACUDA
2018 Hurst Nationals Showcase Unique and Rare Rides

As the Hurst Nationals enters its second year, it continues to grow and thrive! For 2018, prepare yourself for the rare and unique, as one of many great displays includes the Hurst Hemi Dart and Hurst Hemi Barracuda. For the Darts, it all started with the limited option (1968 only) with a VIN beginning with LO23. In the Plymouth camp, the VIN began with BO29. The magic was in the second character, the letter “O” which was directly translated as “Super Stock.” This simple code is the key to what Hurst did by reworking the Dart and Barracuda with a 426 Race Hemi. Only about 80 Darts and 80 Barracudas were built and they were created specifically for drag racing. The powerplant, combined with designs from Hurst and Chrysler gave these A-Bodies a track speed of 130 m.p.h. in 10 to 11 seconds in the quarter mile.

In addition to the 426 cu in (7.0 L) Race Hemi for Super Stock drag racing, the 1968 package offered several other tricks. Unique features included lightweight Chemcor side glass, fiberglass front fenders, hood scoop, lightweight seats, and no side window mechanisms while sound deadener and other street equipment such as rear seats were omitted. An included sticker indicated that the car was not for use on public roads.

Register your Hurst Dart or Hurst Barracuda today for the invitational process for our indoor showcase. That link is below. Good luck and we’ll see you in July!

Yes, it is now on the Carlisle website. The indoor display is for original cars, but outside will be clones and other Hurst built cars.

I met George Baptiste today at a mopar show. I believe owns Car #52. He had so many great stories, I asked him if he was going to the reunion? He didn't know there was one coming, he said he went to the 25th reunion and he would like to go. I gave him your contact number, hope he calls.

cuda 129.jpg

cuda 131.jpg

cuda 132.jpg

cuda 128.jpg

Looking at register form not sure how to enter for a clone to be out side
Call Ed Buczeskie at Carlisle Events. You will have to get the phone off the Carlisle website and dial EXT 131. Since we can not put phone numbers in the posts.

Just go to the Carlisle site and just under the Chrysler Nationals you will see the Hurst Nationals, click on that and add the $40 registration to your cart.

I'll be going & bringing my (sort of ) clone. If anyone has any info on motels,etc. please E-mail me as this'll be my first trip there. I'm hoping to glean some additional infoas , to me, these are still the ultimate factory race car......

I bought that kramer hemi dart hood from u .... see u there!

-
Back