528 Hemi Removal, time for a clean-up!

-

HemiMark

Reaction score
The Hot Rod has been done for about 10 years now and it needs a little freshening. I’m going to remove the Hemi and install a new clutch and pressure plate. I also will install a new set of TTI headers with QTP electric cut outs….
100_2641.jpg

I hate to do it but I burnt the clutch up at the Nats this year!
100_2635.jpg

First I put the back wheels up on ramps
100_2642.jpg

Then the front on jack stands
100_2643.jpg

Then remove valve covers and all wires, gas line, etc......
100_2644.jpg

I attach the engine hoist.....
100_2647.jpg

another shot of hoist, 69 RR for sale!
100_2649.jpg

The Hot Rod has been done for about 10 years now and it needs a little freshening. I’m going to remove the Hemi and install a new clutch and pressure plate. I also will install a new set of TTI headers with QTP electric cut outs….
100_2641.jpg

I hate to do it but I burnt the clutch up at the Nats this year!
100_2635.jpg

First I put the back wheels up on ramps
100_2642.jpg

Then the front on jack stands
100_2643.jpg

Then remove valve covers and all wires, gas line, etc......
100_2644.jpg

I attach the engine hoist.....
100_2647.jpg

another shot of hoist, 69 RR for sale!
100_2649.jpg
I tie up the front suspension
100_2652.jpg

Now its just a matter of holding the engine in place and un-bolting the trans and K member........once its un-bolted you lower the engine onto a waiting moving cart.
You put a chain on the bumper brackets and hook it to your hoist and raise the front of the car high enough to roll the engine, trans and front suspension out from under the car...
100_2656.jpg

And here it is.........
100_2654.jpg

Now its easy to work on!!!!!!!
100_2655.jpg

100_2657.jpg

I'm interested in the RR. How much? Can we see pics and details?

What K-Member are you using and what did you do to move the heater blower back to clear the engine?

Thanks,

KP

What K-Member are you using and what did you do to move the heater blower back to clear the engine?

Thanks,

KP
The k-member is home made by a friend and member here, HemiDenny.... the heater motor is fake. I removed the innerds and just moved the housing back to where it was out of the way. I did read somewhere a guy from canada found a smaller motor and was able to use the heater/blower moter but my my terri cloth towel works well as a defroster!

I'm interested in the RR. How much? Can we see pics and details?
Sure, I take some pictures for you........ This is my friends car and he is asking 6500.00 69RR, org 383, runs, If your really interested in it PM me and I will send you his cell #.

I am sure you will probably get a ton of questions about that K member...so let add a few more to the list. Is it possible to get more info on it: what parts are used, what rack and pinion and maybe some more detailed pictures.

Looks like you have that ruten down.

Leave it to me not to just change the clutch and headers. I ripped out the dash and called VEA restorations, he is a member of FABO and we talked on the phone about re chroming my rally dash.... I will send it to him and post pics of before and after and price. I also removed the interior, seats, carpet, door panels so I can put in some Dyna Mat... you guys ever use that stuff? I will post pics of that also.......

Leave it to me not to just change the clutch and headers. I ripped out the dash and called VEA restorations, he is a member of FABO and we talked on the phone about re chroming my rally dash.... I will send it to him and post pics of before and after and price. I also removed the interior, seats, carpet, door panels so I can put in some Dyna Mat... you guys ever use that stuff? I will post pics of that also.......

100_2663-1.jpg

100_2665-1.jpg

100_2667-1.jpg

100_2666-1.jpg

This is what the flywheel looked like!

100_2660.jpg

Making any progress lately?
I forgot I started this thread...... Its all back together and running fine. I just have to break-in the clutch before I hammer it!!!!!!!!!! Final cost for clutch and headers?

750.00 Clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, throw out bearing

800.00 TTI Headers

490.00 dash rechromed VAE RESTORATIONS :cheers:

250.00 Dynamat

500.00 QTP electric cutouts

140.00 Door wiskers

195.00 new tach

450.00 new x pipe and center exhaust (SS)

3575.00 grand total!

-
Back