5x4" to 5x4.5" dr. diff kit, Questions.

-

7duce swinger

Reaction score
I purchased the dr diff kit with the 11.75" rotors and caliper kit to change over from 5x4" to 5x4.5" and ran into an issue. The wheels i want to use are fr500 wheels and the hub on the rotor that comes in the kit and hits on the wheels center bore. Same as my Saleen mustang. I was wondering if i could machine the snout slightly smaller on each side or if there is something i can get so that i wont have this problem anymore. Dont want to spend another 1300 bucks but id like to be able to use these wheels. Wheels in question are in the second pic. Id also like to be able to swap wheels later on but cant due to the stupid hub size on the rotors. When i purchased it i was under the impression it would be like other rotors without the giant snout poking through.
The wheelstuds will not reach the holes because the snout touches a ridge inside of the center bore which is for the center caps..
20181230_003738.jpg
IMG_20181201_101621_375.jpg

Agreed....Just be careful of the whole "lug centric vs. hub centric thing"

The back of the wheel is in the pic and meant for a rotor with smaller hubs like the second pic i posted. So wouldnt be too bad to machine it down on the nose to slide into the wheel.

The back of the wheel is in the pic and meant for a rotor with smaller hubs like the second pic i posted. So wouldnt be too bad to machine it down on the nose to slide into the wheel.
Yeah, I was just referring to the fact that sometimes the difference between Ford and Mopar wheels is that the load on one rides on the lugs and the other on the hub. I don't remember which is which as it was something I looked into a long time ago. Maybe just do some research into it as if it is hub-centric and the hole for the hub is machined with the incorrect tolerance to the hub itself, it could cause some issues. Or just machine it out and send it......It will probably be fine either way.

did you ever sort this out? I am trying to get some fr500 wheels as well and wondering if machining the rotor is all that is required to make these fit.

did you ever sort this out? I am trying to get some fr500 wheels as well and wondering if machining the rotor is all that is required to make these fit.

Not exactly, but I'm just going to purchase racestars. Racestar 92 is what I had on my svo foxbody and they will git these rotors. I am eventually going to just get wheels I like and machine the snout down on the hub.

-
Back