-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin Schlegel

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a pair front wheels for a 68 barracuda with a bolt pattern of 5x4. I want something to match the back ones in the picture. Id like them to be in the same shape as the back ones. It aint no show car.

Thanks

1013211427.jpg

So if i am intripeting you request correctly...
Youare looking for 2 wheels the same type as the photo but in GOOD, un-rusted condition.

5x4 bolt pattern
What width?

Yes same as in the photo. They dont have to be in great condition just good enough to use on the road. Either 14 or 15 on the width.

the factory never offered 15incher in a 4"boltcircle, nor do I recall ever seeing those Roadwheels in a 15 x 4" bolt circle
On the front of the Barracuda, You want a zero-offset, 14x5"wide or 14x5.5" wide wheel.
That 5" wheel originally came with a 695-14 tire or a D70-14; which in metric is about a 195/205
The 5.5 wore an E70-14, which is about a 205/215
EDIT
Actually, I think the pictured wheel is a Keystone Classic, or similar.

the factory never offered 15incher in a 4"boltcircle, nor do I recall ever seeing those Roadwheels in a 15 x 4" bolt circle
On the front of the Barracuda, You want a zero-offset, 14x5"wide or 14x5.5" wide wheel.
That 5" wheel originally came with a 695-14 tire or a D70-14; which in metric is about a 195/205
Because those aren't Road wheels but are scabby Cragars or Rockets. they look like 8" wide offset's. The OP had better watch and read up on what fits his car.

I have a pair of Cragers 14x6” or 7” in a a little better shape than those. But shipping from Fl. Might kill the deal.

EDIT
Actually, I think the pictured wheel is a Keystone Classic, or similar.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't too sure what dimensions I was looking for. After looking in the service manual it says the fronts are 13-4.5/J and uses a E70-14 and D70-14 tire, which is what I already have in the front but they look very small.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't too sure what dimensions I was looking for. After looking in the service manual it says the fronts are 13-4.5/J and uses a E70-14 and D70-14 tire, which is what I already have in the front but they look very small
You have A LOT of conflicting information in this post.

The stock wheel and tire could be as small as a 13" diameter wheel that is 4.5 wide, to a 14" diameter wheel that is 5.5 wide.

As for tires, you can not put a 14" E70-14 tire on a 13" dia wheel.

I still dont know what wheel you have that you are trying to match up.

POST PHOTOS OF ALL OF YOUR WHEELS.
indicate which one you want to match

ALSO

Do you have front disc?
Are they 4 piston Kelsey Hayes?

I know it is not legible but it is in your Factory Service Manual (free download from MyMopar.com)

Screenshot_20211014-103043.png

You have A LOT of conflicting information in this post.

The stock wheel and tire could be as small as a 13" diameter wheel that is 4.5 wide, to a 14" diameter wheel that is 5.5 wide.

As for tires, you can not put a 14" E70-14 tire on a 13" dia wheel.

I still dont know what wheel you have that you are trying to match up.

POST PHOTOS OF ALL OF YOUR WHEELS.
indicate which one you want to match

ALSO

Do you have front disc?
Are they 4 piston Kelsey Hayes?

I know it is not legible but it is in your Factory Service Manual (free download from MyMopar.com)

View attachment 1715805487

Heres a picture of the current ones on the front. The front are drums as well. I just want a bigger wheel that will fit the car in front. Im not sure what that dimension would be.

1013211601.jpg

Heres a picture of the current ones on the front. The front are drums as well. I just want a bigger wheel that will fit the car in front. Im not sure what that dimension would be

Ok a bit clearer now.

Do you want steel stock type wheels or fancy wheels?

For stock steel wheels, there are 14" dia, 5x4" bolt pattern, 4.5" or 5.5" wide wheels that could be bought used OR new reproductions

So really your question should be what 14" or 15" tire and wheel combination will fit on the front of a 68 Barracuda without body modification.

Then put up a wanted ad for that wheel.

FWIW, some drums may have balance weights that can obstruct wheels such as Cragar from mounting flush.

I've got 12 good Cragar 7/16"-3/4" long shank lugs and several old shorter around here some where............
upload_2021-10-14_11-54-40.png

If you buy these lugs, cash and carry only, the lucky buyer gets to haul off a pair of 14" - 5 on 4" rough-n-crusty Cragar wheels (with old tires)......... free........
Sorry, not an exact match. They were on my Barracuda drums waaaaaaaayyyy back.....

upload_2021-10-13_14-58-21.png

those "scabby Cragar" 5 spoke type peeling rims look good painted gloss black (in any condition underneath). Hard to find in a 15 with a SBP 4" pattern.

FWIW, some drums may have balance weights that can obstruct wheels such as Cragar from mounting flush.

I've got 12 good Cragar 7/16"-3/4" long shank lugs and several old shorter around here some where............
View attachment 1715805495

If you buy these lugs, cash and carry only, the lucky buyer gets to haul off a pair of 14" - 5 on 4" rough-n-crusty Cragar wheels (with old tires)......... free........
Sorry, not an exact match. They were on my Barracuda drums waaaaaaaayyyy back.....

View attachment 1715805169

sent you a pm

Ok a bit clearer now.

Do you want steel stock type wheels or fancy wheels?

For stock steel wheels, there are 14" dia, 5x4" bolt pattern, 4.5" or 5.5" wide wheels that could be bought used OR new reproductions

So really your question should be what 14" or 15" tire and wheel combination will fit on the front of a 68 Barracuda without body modification.

Then put up a wanted ad for that wheel.

Yes you are right I should have posted a question about this first. :). Sorry I am new to the forum.

I'd like to get a pair of old cragers (don't have to be in good shape) to match the ones in the back, like in my picture.

I'd like to get a pair of old cragers (don't have to be in good shape) to match the ones in the back, like in my picture
If thats what you are looking for. Take the tire /wheel to the tire store and have them dismount the tire, mearsur it up so you know what size you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back