6.1 Hemi into 72 Demon March 2018

New Hemi Engine Swaps

1. JDMopar

JDMopar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:28 PM
    If Mr. Squirrel painter doesn't get to work on your Demon soon.......walk in one day on your way home from the range job, with an open carry piece strapped on your side. That might get his attention! :eek:

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Sublime one

Sublime one 72 Demon FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      10:28 PM
      Well it is zero dark thirty last week in July of 2019. Thought I would at least post an update so some of you folks know we are still alive. Thanks to all who have PMd me inquiring about progress. I am in the "dead zone" car is not on sight and still at painters. I have heard it is actually in the shop rather than still sitting in my race trailer so I figure that is progress. Trying not to to be my normal impatient self and just sit on my hands here for a bit and let the painter paint. We had a local car show this week and I had to go as a spectator, Demon isn't done and I had the cuda on the rack addressing some front end neglect. Ya put stickies on the back the nose comes right up! You instinctively lift off the throttle and the resulting return to pavement can be a bit abrupt. Takes some practice to ease her back down,i.e. Feather throttle a bit but stay in it. Spooky when you have to look left or right at the retaining wall for point of reference. Looks easy on tv not so much in real life. On serious note one of you sharp eyed readers spotted me being an idiot on hub assembly. Looks like I may have put them together incorrectly. More on that when I get the car back. I will post a good pix of my mistake as it was super easy to do! Some directions in box would have been handy! I am sure they post directions on website or some such modern method. Hope all you good folks are enjoying your summer. It is very short up here in the frozen tundra. I could smell fall in the air this week.
      John

• Like Like x 2
      • Sublime one

Local Time:
        Well it is now August, painter has assured me of yet another completion date. I am totally holding my breath! Not! I have been wandering aimlessly thru my shop looking at the MT rack longing for something to do. Hemi thinks the extra space is for us to play chase in. I have cleaned, swept and organized every drawer at least once. I have found all kind of cool stuff I had forgotten I had! High
        Light reel was a small 45 colt wrapped in a rag shoved to the back of a drawer! Woo Hoo! Anyway here are some progress pics from paint shop.

IMG_2530.JPG

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2532.JPG

IMG_2533.JPG

IMG_2534.JPG

• Like Like x 4
        • 75slant6

75slant6 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          Well... let’s see this 45 you speak of!

• Sublime one

Local Time:
          Can do easy, tonight is my night to shut down the range so that lets me get in some quality shooting practice with no interruptions or coaching. I was figuring on taking it and clearing its throat! No telling when I shot it last. At very least not since I have been in ND. I will see if she runs tonight.

• Sublime one

Local Time:
          IMG_2548.JPG
          So here is pix of aforementioned baby Colt! I remember now why it was stuffed in toolbox. I have gorilla mitts for hands and I simply run out of real estate for my hands while trying to shoot it. Just not a fun one to shoot. Shot it tonight, yep headed back to toolbox! A good shop piece. Busy night at the range! I even got to admister first aid to a shooter. Funny thing about semi autos and crossing fingers in back of slide! You can warn them and warn them but in the end they all have to learn the hard way because they are Wyatt Earp. And I quote" I have been shooting like this for years" end quote. My reply as always both professional and polite. Yes Sir I am sure you have but you might want to adjust your grip a bit as you are very close to getting bit by the slide. Then I go fetch bandaids and wait for the inevitable.

• Like Like x 2
          • 75slant6

75slant6 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
            That’s a good looking piece! But I know what you mean about being too small. I bought a Ruger .380 from my grandpa when he liquidated his collection (sons, son-in-laws and grandsons bought them all). I need to see if my wife can shoot it good so she can carry it, it’s just too dang small for me! I shattered my right wrist back in 2012 and my wrist starts binding up/hurting before I can get the trigger all the way back. That’s no good in a time when it’s needed! I honestly wouldn’t even have considered the gun if it wasn’t grandpas and it was the last gun available (we took turns by age, starting with the oldest son, then son-in-laws, then grandsons).

• Sublime one

Local Time:
            So early Christmas up here in Fargo, parts are dribbling in for the Demon. Still no word from painter but hope it is going well. I took these pictures to maybe save somebody a whole bunch of research. I initially was keeping the motor stock so I went with Hotwire out of Ark. for the harness. Super great product and great customer support. Once I decided to modify motor I chose to go with Holley EFI components thereby allowing me to customize the tune. I sold the Hotwire harness to a FABO guy in Texas for a TBD price. Yep I am that trusting! He has the harness and a couple other goodies, inboxed it and sent it! So anyway the pix is all the Holley parts and part numbers with exception of main power harness. Hope that helps. It is just not as simple as folks want you to believe. The second picture is again in hopes of saving someone a bunch of sorting out. It is the pedals and associated cylinders with part numbers IMG_2560.JPG IMG_2565.JPG for a three pedal floor mounted system. I went that way since the interior is not stock at all. Dakota dash etc etc. I can mount the pedals then figure out where seats go. If the numbers are not clear let me know and I will answer any questions as best I can.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
            By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.