6.1 starter to block clearance issues

-

1973Barracuda

Reaction score
I have a A41 joined to a 6.1, when I went to put the starter(Chrysler mini starter) on it the selinoid housing hits the block. Pics aren’t the greatest but it shows the issue as best as I could get it. Any advice or experience with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

3DA0D424-1E4F-42C1-B198-575158894FC3.jpeg

24938FAA-E64E-4282-8684-00A08BFBBE70.jpeg

Well crap. Was hoping to avoid that. But, will start making some sparks I suppose.

Thanks!

It’s a Chrysler mini I picked up with some parts. Don’t have the number with me, but the clocking sucks. May Go to the dealer or some parts stores tomorrow and see if I can find a mini starter that is different.

Thanks much Jim. Tomorrow I will try to get it sorted out. As always, this board is an outstanding resource. Thanks to all who have helped, not just with this, but any other questions I have had.

Jason

Jim has it right. Pick up the 2005 ram manual trans starter which will put the solenoid right up against the block and grind the nubs down. Rockauto has new ones listed for as low as $75

i just put my vatozone mini up and i ha e to grind the extra pan rail section on my bge block to get it to fit on dr side as well. doesnt fit close tothe block ut then again i dont have exhaust going under it ether so works for me.

-
Back