\6 - 8 - A V8

-

Duggie

Reaction score
So I stopped by the local muffler shop to see if I could get a generic exhaust pipe hangar (no ceegar). The tech at the shop had to tell me how years ago, a \6 beat his 327 Chevelle, steel crank, 302 heads, yada-yada in the 1/8 mile by two car lengths.

I think I need to name this car Miss Congeniality. When the car stops moving, someone near by has a story to tell.

Well the guy TOLD me it was a slant......................

These kinda stories seem to happen with Mopars than any other make.

These kinda stories seem to happen with Mopars than any other make.
because we're mysterious...
My favorite is when someone asks what size engine I have in the 69 I used to say a 318 and they would give me the dumbest look and ask why not a 340, that got old real quick. So now when they ask I say a 340, except now they give this perplexed look and don't say another word. Must be that the only thing people know about older mopars is that they had 340's!

upload_2020-7-26_12-4-46.jpeg

Last edited:
My favorite is when someone asks what size engine I have in the 69 I used to say a 318 and they would give me the dumbest look and ask why not a 340, that got old real quick. So now when they ask I say a 340, except now they give this perplexed look and don't say another word. Must be that the only thing people know about older mopars is that they had 340's!

View attachment 1715567887

Nice and neat!

My favorite is when someone asks what size engine I have in the 69 I used to say a 318 and they would give me the dumbest look and ask why not a 340, that got old real quick. So now when they ask I say 340.

View attachment 1715567887

Time to change your response to 5.2 liter.
Wow! Over twice the size of his Toyota! Much more impressive.

I typically just say small block.

happens often to me because i daily drive a 68 dart with a slant six.

a bout a month ago, i was filling up with gas and a guy comes up to me and says "do you know what this car is, sell it to me miss"

Yea, im driving it everyday, i dont know what it is, enlighten me ........Not for sale ( why do i always think of smart *** replies yet i never say them)

Say them! Let 'em have something to wonder about.

I raised two daughters, pretty much single handed. One comment I remember from their college days was, "These boys don't know anything about cars, fishing, camping..."

Both are car capable and my oldest has been known to look at her husband and say, "I'm pretty sure a ***** isn't required to do this job."

You keep on rocking!:poke:

I honestly get any annoyed of people commenting at the gas station, and when they ask me what are you going to do with it? Drive it you dumbass! Lol

I honestly get any annoyed of people commenting at the gas station, and when they ask me what are you going to do with it? Drive it you dumbass! Lol
Whenever people see an old car, a mega common question is "are you going to sell it"

I don't get that, I think.... yea, sell it after I did all that work to aquire it and get it road worthy.

Whenever people see an old car, a mega common question is "are you going to sell it"

I don't get that, I think.... yea, sell it after I did all that work to aquire it and get it road worthy.

Hahah true, or the worst one yet when someone called my buddy's 64 Plymouth valiant a Porsche, thats why I'm taking all the badges off let them tell me what I have lol.

Wait, your not filling it up so you can torch it?

-
Back