6 June 1944

-

Arron tate

T B L
Reaction score
Hello fellow FABO members,
Please take one moment during your day today to remember the armed forces that stormed the beaches on Tuesday, 6 June 1944 in Normandy France and changed the history of the world.
Some were not more then just boys. They gave there lives unselfishly to free the persecuted from true evil.
On this day let us not forget them, and salute the ones that did return knowing that what they did was for all of the world.
Thanks,
Arron

Hello fellow FABO members,
Please take one moment during your day today to remember the armed forces that stormed the beaches on Tuesday, 6 June 1944 in Normandy France and changed the history of the world.
Some were not more then just boys. They gave there lives unselfishly to free the persecuted from true evil.
On this day let us not forget them, and salute the ones that did return knowing that what they did was for all of the world.
Thanks,
Arron
Well said!

I put out the American flag first thing this morning and listened to our great President live at Normandy this morning. God Bless out troops and the Greatest Generation!

60887572_2066932023429642_1475634450896257024_n.jpg

I plan on watching saving Pvt Ryan.. I still tear up watching this... Thank you brave, unselfish men for your sacrifice way back when... life would have been so different hadn't it have been for what you all did for us all

I plan on watching saving Pvt Ryan.. I still tear up watching this... Thank you brave, unselfish men for your sacrifice way back when... life would have been so different hadn't it have been for what you all did for us all

The Longest Day on TCM @ 8

God Bless those brave men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for our Freedoms we enjoy today! 65'

amen

part of operation overlord, was operation Market Garden, where the 82nd and 101st airborne divisions were to make a corridor and take the bridge at Nijmegen
while they failed in their objective to capture the bridge (as portrayed in "a bridge too far") they did manage to liberate that one section of the Netherlands where i would later be born

i can honestly say, im pretty thankful i didnt grow up speaking german

AirbornemonumentStOedenrode.jpg

Talk about selfless, brave young men.

Damn, what they did that day was...well...I have no words that come close to describing their actions.

It would have been a much different world but for those men.

Great posts guys. I have the utmost RESPECT for the young soldiers who served and especially those young men who lost their lives. Those men who stormed that beach had balls of steel, and were the bravest in the history of this wonderful country. God bless the survivors and these heroes and their families and loved ones who mourned the loss of the fallen. And God bless America!

Talk about selfless, brave young men.

Damn, what they did that day was...well...I have no words that come close to describing their actions.

It would have been a much different world but for those men.

Amen

May they Rest in Peace

789E7316-C238-4408-98EC-D36D943CF838.jpeg
I visited Normandy 4 years ago. At the Omaha Beach landing site I stood as close to the water and looked back towards the cliffs and bluffs many many yards away. There was absolutely no cover at all until one got to the foot of the ascending land. The run from the boats across the sand must have been frightening hell.
A salute in honor of those who died during the landing and especially for those who lived through it.

View attachment 1715345619 I visited Normandy 4 years ago. At the Omaha Beach landing site I stood as close to the water and looked back towards the cliffs and bluffs many many yards away. There was absolutely no cover at all until one got to the foot of the ascending land. The run from the boats across the sand must have been frightening hell.
A salute in honor of those who died during the landing and especially for those who lived through it.

from what i understand, the artillery from the navy "should have" lefts craters all over the beach...this was to be their cover

-
Back