6 Pack Tunnel Ram

-

brian6pac

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
So I have been kicking this around for a while and got a top off a Hemi for a injector hat that someone made and it was almost a perfect fit but about .700 to long, after milling it in half it's a perfect fit so I got a mod-man top (this little piece of aluminum what I had to pay $20+ shipping on.) mocked it up last night and I think it will work. The center carb is center in the plenum area so it should atomize the fuel well.

IMG_4709.JPG

IMG_4715.JPG

IMG_4717.JPG

IMG_4721.JPG

IMG_4722.JPG

It's still a project, I have 33x18.5 M/T for the rear and I'm going to cut the scoop down about 1 - 1.5" we will have to see when the intake is done and I get it all together.

IMG_2419.JPG

IMG_2422.JPG

024.JPG

Just my opinion but I wouldn't hide all that sexyness under a scoop. I let it hang out loud and proud.

I ran a Harwood scoop on my car and when I went to a tunnel ram I shelved the scoop.

Just my opinion but I wouldn't hide all that sexyness under a scoop. I let it hang out loud and proud.

I ran a Harwood scoop on my car and when I went to a tunnel ram I shelved the scoop.

You might have a point, I will have to see how far the stick up.
I picked up a couple Holley 650 2bbl's to try out and see how they will work for the secondary carbs. They are really cool and I'm having second thoughts about cutting them up to fit the 6 pack air filter. There getting easier to get because nobody is using them any more so I'm going to start milling here one day. When I took them apart I was surprised to see made in Japan on the main body ? these were made in the late 70's early 80's for some nascar series.

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_4704.JPG

outsourced. less expensive to have made elsewhere?
A friend ran a similar set-up on a W-2 headed SBM in a Model A.

I picked up a couple Holley 650 2bbl's to try out and see how they will work for the secondary carbs. They are really cool and I'm having second thoughts about cutting them up to fit the 6 pack air filter. There getting easier to get because nobody is using them any more so I'm going to start milling here one day. When I took them apart I was surprised to see made in Japan on the main body ? these were made in the late 70's early 80's for some nascar series.

View attachment 1715299727

View attachment 1715299728
Look over the bodies for hand engravings or stampings. I may be able to id them for you. We used those for a short time in the Busch series on the V6 engines. They actually flow 850ish. There were a few companies that were supplying them. As with anything Nascar they came in a hard plastic case, and were around $7,000 if my memory is correct. They preceded the 390 4bl era.

outsourced. less expensive to have made elsewhere?
A friend ran a similar set-up on a W-2 headed SBM in a Model A.

It's also aluminum and not zinc like all the older Holley's were.

View attachment 1715299727

Those look "big" I've never seen annular 2bbls. Is that 650 rated in 2bbl "talk" or 4bbl "speak?"

View attachment 1715299728

I wasn't happy with how mine came through the hood so I used two two inch spaces to get the carbs up out of the hood.

20190210_142252_zpsldtmwr3r.jpg

With the spacers basically the entire carbs are above the hood.

20190301_162638_zpspub79m29.jpg

I wonder if you could use the spaces under the plenum to raise the entire assembly up?

@brian6pac, I’d like to see more of what you did.
That’s really slick kid.

I looked for a long time for a top sense mine was new I didn't want to cut it up, then I found this on ebay for $65 and it was a perfect fit, well not really it was .700 to long so I just milled it in half and I wanted a gap because I'm welding it with a spool gun so a .750 mill bit worked perfect. It was off a Hemi tunnel ram that someone modified for a injector hat and the Indy Mod-Man top fit perfect.

Hemi top.jpg

Hemi top1.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't happy with how mine came through the hood so I used two two inch spaces to get the carbs up out of the hood.

View attachment 1715299901

View attachment 1715299902

I wonder if you could use the spaces under the plenum to raise the entire assembly up?

You know the lower bolt pattern is a Holley Dominator bolt pattern, You can take off the top and bolt 2 Dominator's right to the intake. Most people don't know that, I use dominator gaskets between the bottom and top. I measured the difference between a stock 6 pack intake and this is only 2.5" taller.

View attachment 1715299901

View attachment 1715299902

I like the paint on the fuel bowl, nice touch!

Wow, yeah that would work. I bet someone was just itching to "give that away"....

:):rofl:

Thanks.
I had some pin striping paint sitting out and had just rebuilt a carb for a friend when I noticed the red striping paint was exactly the same as the Holley logo and my brain went YUP this is happening!

:lol:

Wow, yeah that would work. I bet someone was just itching to "give that away"....
Nope, made per order. The fella is on E-bay. Poke around. This particular one will work well with the B/RB 6 pack intake. Not so much with the small block intake I think because it already has to much plenum under the carbs.

-
Back