/6 to 440

-

Rudy Garza

Reaction score
can anyone help me on to what would have to be done in order to turn my 74 /6 swinger into a 440. What would have to be switched out and what can stay. what are good parts to use? :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Ah another member is going to the dark side. I'd recommend you start by going to www.engine-swaps.com. They can supply the headers and engine mounts that use any A body K member to accept 383's or 440's. Secondly if you haven't already got one lay your hands on a 727 and a 8 3/4" rear end. Plan on subframe connectors and front wheel disc brakes are a must. You'll also need a 3 pass rad and you'll have to replace the /6 torsion bars with either the .890'' or .920" torsion bars which are easy to come by. My Demon has the 383 with power steering and manual brakes but I think you have to go to manual on both with the 440. Lastly prepare yourself for a great ride cause I know when I punch mine the adrenaline gets to pumping as all hell brakes loose. :burnout:

P9100004 (Custom).JPG

P6020033 (Custom).JPG

Spend some time in the tech pages at www.bigblockdart.com. The desired horsepower level will dictate what you need as far as the drivetrain goes. Brakes might need upgrading (if you already have discs you should be fine). If you want something streetable, the suspension will need attention.

small blocks are lighter..........but a fire breathing b or rb is just plain awsome flip through a couple of mopar mags and you will fing conversion kits every where

-
Back