/6 Winner

-

TomMoparMan

Reaction score
Sat. I took my /6 75 dart sport to the drag strip for the first time since last oct. and won the trophy class. MY best pass was a 18.68 at 74.88 mph. beating out several chevies running 12sec. and faster, I even beat a 9sec. crotchrocket. I received numerous thumbs up and cheers from the crowd. I got a special announcement from the announcer on how the little /6 was mowing down the competition. Besides winning, I was happy because I had installed a factory 2bbl., clifford headers with dual exhaust and went from 19.70at 70.23mph to 18.60 at 74.88 . It was a great day!

Congrat's on a day at the track, What was your dial in time?
was it 18:50 ?? 1/4 mile ?

Congrats,I think it's great that you get out to the strip without having to have a ground pounding monster! Sounds like your havin a ball.:cheers:I envy you.8)

Good work! :-D

We're waiting to hear how things went down at Redding. (The last SSRN points race of 2009 was held today.)

I have to be at work at six tomorrow morning, so couldn't take the chance of not making it back from the Sunday race. It's a ten hour drive, and my spring chicken days are done with.

Winning at the track is a hoot! Congrats!

CJ

Sat. I took my /6 75 dart sport to the drag strip for the first time since last oct. and won the trophy class. MY best pass was a 18.68 at 74.88 mph. beating out several chevies running 12sec. and faster, I even beat a 9sec. crotchrocket. I received numerous thumbs up and cheers from the crowd. I got a special announcement from the announcer on how the little /6 was mowing down the competition. Besides winning, I was happy because I had installed a factory 2bbl., clifford headers with dual exhaust and went from 19.70at 70.23mph to 18.60 at 74.88 . It was a great day!

thats awsome, i never won anything but learned alot. u need to open the head up and put a cam in it. u'll get really good results that way. i got my 68 dart with a stock slant and a 1 barrel to go 18.35 @ like 75 something. next time ur out loosen up ur torsion bars. i gained almost a half second off that alone! pm me and i can help u out.

Congrats on the win. Thats to cool. One of the nice thing about bracket racing is you don't have to be fast to win, Just good!

Congrats on the win. i won a street stock trophy with my work truck dialing in at 11.20 1/8ths. would run consistent 11.22 to 11.28 and cut 5 lights in a row .550 or under. its a ***** to see them barrelling down on ya and you cant get out of your own way but it sure felt good to win.

Congrats on the win. i won a street stock trophy with my work truck dialing in at 11.20 1/8ths. would run consistent 11.22 to 11.28 and cut 5 lights in a row .550 or under. its a ***** to see them barrelling down on ya and you cant get out of your own way but it sure felt good to win.
That sure is allot of fun daredevil :cheers: I bet you could tell when they was going to brake out :cheers: I want to do a good solid 10:50 to a 11:00 1/8 mile one day in Victoria :happy10:

Congrat's on a day at the track, What was your dial in time?
was it 18:50 ?? 1/4 mile ?
It was a 1/4 mi. race, I was dialed 18.70 and went 18.680 but the chevy was dialed 13.00 and went 12.964 that gave me the win because he broke out worse. Felt great to see the win light come on! Thanks to everyone.Tom

youre already just about there Mike. probably all ya need is some gears for the track

Heres the trophy they gave me. No cash for street stock

DSC00401 (Medium).JPG

Heres the trophy they gave me. No cash for street stock
I think the money starts at 10:50 at George Ray's $40:happy10:
That is a very nice trophy daredevil 8)8)8) Making memories at the track is a good day :cheers:

920 sterday night 019.jpg

4390dual exhaust 025.jpg

4390dual exhaust 026.jpg

ebay402%20056.jpg

ebay402%20058.jpg

-
Back