**600hp sbm block limit? Or is it bs!!**

-
And chebbie guys get all excited when an lsx eclipeses 700 h.p,lol..I've come to realise they are STILL playing catchup to the W2!

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. NO IDEA.

This thread is about mopar smallblocks and finding the limits of the same.
Do you have anything to contribute?

LOL!! WTF do you know? You like both Chevy AND Dodge. Make up your mind already!!

LOL!! WTF do you know? You like both Chevy AND Dodge. Make up your mind already!!

wow, true mopar guy here...can't like something if it ain't a mopar :D

A guy pulled into a cruise I was at the other day with a 69 Camaro with a LS9 out of a ZR1 Corvette. Sounded like a Prius looked like a plastic engine cover when he opened the hood because the LS is so ugly you have to cover it with a plastic bag. I just about fell asleep looking at it. BORING. Thanks for the back up Wild.

so because the LS9 doesn't need a huge cam to make gobs of power and has a plastic engine cover, means LS1's are for asshats? Just asking is all

wow, true mopar guy here...can't like something if it ain't a mopar :D

Not even close to the truth. I was making fun of all the "true Mopar fans" who can't see past their own ignorance to appreciate other cool engines and cars.

so because the LS9 doesn't need a huge cam to make gobs of power and has a plastic engine cover, means LS1's are for asshats? Just asking is all

In the narrow minded world of ignorance, yes. It does mean that. LOL!!

I don't like the plastic covers though.

Not even close to the truth. I was making fun of all the "true Mopar fans" who can't see past their own ignorance to appreciate other cool engines and cars.

I would have never guess that from your post, I apologize...you seemed like the typical "true" mopar fan lol

In the narrow minded world of ignorance, yes. It does mean that. LOL!!

I don't like the plastic covers though.

plastic cover = gheyyy
herrssspowaaa = awesome

I'll take power over looks on an engine any day...not to mention, an LS1 with a carb intake ain't got no more plastic ugliness anyways

i
plastic cover = gheyyy
herrssspowaaa = awesome

I'll take power over looks on an engine any day...not to mention, an LS1 with a carb intake ain't got no more plastic ugliness anyways

True.

I dressed my Magnum based stroker up some when I put it into my Dart though. I wanted the best of both worlds.

I would have never guess that from your post, I apologize...you seemed like the typical "true" mopar fan lol

No sweat.
I have no respect for those types, so I like to poke at them any chance i get.

turbodart68 has more cars than all of us put together, all brands.

I myself can't stand the LS Motors either...... Sorry guys. My hatred of them started at the Sand Dunes. Guys would be buying 120K Sand Cars telling everyone their NA LS Motor has 650HP or their turbo motor has 800HP, low and behold I would be handing their asses to them with my lil 288CI Quad Overhead Cam V8... 8300RPM on the Recall!! Them LS Sand Engine builders were taking their $$ and laughing all the way to the bank.

I myself can't stand the LS Motors either...... Sorry guys. My hatred of them started at the Sand Dunes. Guys would be buying 120K Sand Cars telling everyone their NA LS Motor has 650HP or their turbo motor has 800HP, low and behold I would be handing their asses to them with my lil 288CI Quad Overhead Cam V8... 8300RPM on the Recall!! Them LS Sand Engine builders were taking their $$ and laughing all the way to the bank.

You have an actual reason to hate them. It's not just a bullshit blind hatred because it doesn't have a Mopar logo on it.

still a stupid reason to hate them imo...thats like me hating every carshow going mopar guy for talking endless smack about how their 340 is the best engine ever, makes x amount of power, blah blah blah, but they are just a bunch of car show dog mobiles that can't get outta their own way

Does that mean 340's are gay? hellz no, they are a great motor....but the guys who give them an over hyped reputation are...but I understand, everyone has their opinion, and im not going to argue that- thats why we are all different

I like LS1's, and if my aim was to build the ultimate drag car on the ultimate cheap without any brand loyalty, it would be a fox body with an LS1 and a T-400 with a couple o sistas hangin off the front...Mad, you'd know a thing or two about that eh :D

i say we delete all the bullshit and get back to what this thread was all about....just sayin...

No it didn't, it had a giant blower, yawn. I guess it all boils down to this. Motors are air pumps. More air= more power, I get it. The Ls has merit, but at the expense of style. It seems to me that every check writer out there has one and they all sound like Honda Civics, the non fart muffler ones lol. Now back to your regularly scheduled program. Oh and LSes are still for asshats, lol.

Dude Louis, you been drinkin the kool aid!!!!

i say we delete all the bullshit and get back to what this thread was all about....just sayin...

Sorry James, to get back to the original question. Well I know from personal experience what these little engines will take with proper care. I know for a fact from my own experience that 600 turbo HP is no problem for a stock Chrysler block. How much will it take? I intend to find out, as Maddart is fixing to do the same. My bet is well over 1200. Been to 1000 already, with a stock crank no less.

Post 217,common intelligence.Comes down.to proper building,and more importantly.tuning.If you can afford EFI,get it.

Lol,chevie boy...

Yes, that would be partially true.
I am an automotive enthusiast. I have an open mind and a respect for anything fast. I've owned mopars for 20 years. But I also own chevys and fords as well. I like them all. I have no bias, I dont engage in cultism, ignorance, and I don't swing off anyone's nuts.

To sit there and act like mopars are the best thing out there isn't here nor there. What makes something good is the intellect and work put into it. And you can do that with ANYTHING. The sky is the limit.

But to sit there and shoot your mouth off without anything to show for makes you nothing more or less than a nozzle smoking fanboy with no credibility.

No it didn't, it had a giant blower, yawn. I guess it all boils down to this. Motors are air pumps. More air= more power, I get it. The Ls has merit, but at the expense of style. It seems to me that every check writer out there has one and they all sound like Honda Civics, the non fart muffler ones lol. Now back to your regularly scheduled program. Oh and LSes are still for asshats, lol.

Dude Louis, you been drinkin the kool aid!!!!

2 schools of thought I guess...I am from the school of thought where BIG POWER, whether blower, spray, turbo, or N/A is badass! but thats just me....and yes, most of those old school muscle cars that have some crate stock style LS motor installed do nothing for me (could be that I hate car show cars in general, and prefer drag style vehicles since they actually have more than an edelbrock carb and M/T valvecovers lol)...BUT when I see an LS motor with a cam swap, ported stock heads, and some spray or turbo KILLING it, that to me is impressive!

It seems to me that most mopar guys are either afraid or just don't like any kinda power adder, as if its some sort of illegitimate way of making power...could be why alot of the mopars run like old dogs compared to chevy and ford guys who aren't biased to those types of modifications..but thats jmo

back to block holding discussion...this thread interests me since im putting a long arm in my LA and planning to throw some hits of the oh forsaken "shprayyy" at it...definitely should see over 600 crank hp, question is will it hold?

-
Back