61 Lancer Suspension

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Need some lower ball joints and rear springs for my Lancer wagon. Will any early A body work?

'60-1 Valiant and Lancer only on the lower ball joint. The rear spring should work off any A-body as an assembly. There are different size front bushings and some of the front brackets are different but you should be able to get any of them to fit. Get some 6 leaf ones if you can.....they have less problems with sagging and give you a better handling feel.

So, from what has been said the lower ball joint is unique to the 61-62 Lancer and Valient.?

I looked under the car and I can't tell the difference betwwn the lower BJ on the 61 Lancer and the ball joints on my 64

a lot of the early valiants & lancers switched to the 62-72 lower ball joint assembly. not the screw in style that was original to them.

I have heard of switching a 62-66 k member to get rid of the odd items in the suspension. (struts/ lca)

Lawrence

a lot of the early valiants & lancers switched to the 62-72 lower ball joint assembly. not the screw in style that was original to them.

I have heard of switching a 62-66 k member to get rid of the odd items in the suspension. (struts/ lca)

Lawrence

So what you are saying is that the Lancer/Valient front end is incaptable with the later early A body suspension?

no-- certain parts from the early style k- member suspension(60-61_-- only fit those years-- starting in 62 it changed to the 63-66 style.
swap in a 62-66 k- frame/suspension-- then you have more choices.

If your car is in decent shape-- just replace the parts you need.
It all comes down to preference & the cars intended purpose.
your lca,stut bars are different as are your motor mounts & various other items.
Lawrence

-
Back