61 Plymouth /6

-
Where are you

18iisqg122peujpg.jpg

After seeing the heading I was expecting a Valiant.

Don't change a thing.

Just out of curiosity.....on a heater delete car, were the heater hose ports on the engine blocked off with plugs?

TWO speed?, Didn't know Mopar ever made one....
Yah, the PowerFlite. The 3-speed TorqueFlite was first offered in '56; for awhile only some cars could get it, then some cars offered PF or TF depending on engine and which one the buyer specified/paid for, then '61, I think, was the last year it was offered, and only with the V8s; they never put a Slant-6 in front of a PowerFlite.

MY summer job during college was at the USDA Peanut Research Lab back in Albany, and then Dawson, Ga. 1967-1970. I well remember they had a Early 60's Dodge 1/2 pickup and a Ply wagon, but I can't remember what year, just that it was "different" looking! Of course, NO radio, maybe not even a heater! Bare!

The only option is auto trans. It's heater,lighter,radio,armrest,reverse light,delete.
The 2nd owner added a stock radio later. The seat belts are navy issue with a nuclear symbol!
I believe that back then, reverse lights were an option to be added-not so much as a 'delete item'. It likely didn't even have seat belts either (as an option). I recall my father had a new 65 Fury I that came without seatbelts, I remember because he had to install a set to pass PA vehicle inspection. I think that a manual transmission might have been an extra cost option with the automatic as the standard bottom line trans.
My 65 Belvedere I (slant six/auto) was built without reverse lights, seat belts, and carpet. It had rubber sheet covering the floor (but it did come with a radio and heater). Nothing like today, where a "stripper is something that comes without sat radio and Nav, but has power windows, power everything, A/C, the works.
Thems were the days...............

image.jpeg
Got a set of bottle caps and radio delete. When the previous owner put the radio in he put the antenna on the drivers side. I've been looking for some decent 14 in. tires that will look proper on this car is a lot harder than I thought.!
Should be a easy project to do. Not much chrome or trim body is fairly solid. Little leakage around rear window.
Just has plugs on the heater delete on motor.

-
Back