63-66 Dart Windshield Gasket Source?

-

slant six

Do More With Less
Reaction score
Hi Guys, what are sources for the Convertible Gasket for 63-66 A Bodies?

I can Find the Sedan/ hdp / Wagon gasket pretty much everywhere, but the convertible seems to be a bit more elusive and I guess more expensive.

Thanks for the Help!

Greg

I will have to look and see if I still have the gasket from a 65 Signet ‘vert I parted out

Hi Guys, what are sources for the Convertible Gasket for 63-66 A Bodies?

I can Find the Sedan/ hdp / Wagon gasket pretty much everywhere, but the convertible seems to be a bit more elusive and I guess more expensive.

Thanks for the Help!

Greg
Greg if your willing to have 3/16" gap between the trim and the gasket on the INSIDE exposed just use a hardtop gasket(no differences between the hardtop/convertible windshield itself) there really is no difference between hardtop and convertible gaskets except for the inner trim differences that I have found ( I forget exactly how many edges I painted but I think it's only the top edge and not the sides). I cheated and used semi gloss black paint to hide the exposed red color on the both of the last 64 valiant and 65 dart I did. Then added the top chrome trim and no one was the wiser I'm getting ready to do my current project right now and will see if I can show the differences by taking pictures of it since the gasket in the wife's dart waiting to be down is original Vs my replacement gasket). but it might take a bit since it's cold weather for me, I don't work too well in 40 degree weather. I have been in Florida too long to take it anymore and forget about below freezing, I don't crawl out of the house when that happens, too many broken bones from long ago.

There is one windshield gastet for convertibles, part#2424392. Cars with vinyl roof part#2218960 and without part#2242450.

There is one windshield gastet for convertibles, part#2424392. Cars with vinyl roof part#2218960 and without part#2242450.
yup they are a different part number but the only difference is the inner flange that goes to the trim on the convertible VS non convertibles. For 63-66 darts and valiant cars. Is it really worth the extra $100.00 or so for the inner flange of 1.411(oops remeasured and it 1.435 , forgot to zero the measuring device) flange vs the 1.132 for the difference though? it has been discussed extensively over on Slantsix.org and even here by a few people. And my mistake is the convertible is 1.132 all sides (old gasket) vs my sedan @ 1.439 top and 1.325 side(old gasket)hardtop(old Gasket)@1.440/1.330 hardtop @ 1.41 all sides(new precision gasket)
Valiant windshield or 63-66 convertible windshield gasket.
these are the convertible gasket pic's I found.

convertible top gasket flange (old gasket)
20180114_135913.jpg

side seal is the same (moved the calipers so I could al least read the numbers)
20180114_135941.jpg

hardtop top gasket seal (old gasket
20180114_143917.jpg

20180114_143922.jpg

an d the side(a pillar) view with an old gasket.

20180114_144011.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds Good Thanks, I am helping a buddy out with t 65 Dart Convertible and will give him the Info on the options.

If that is really all the difference then I see no reason to not get the standard gasket from rockauto or other normal supply channels.

Greg

-
Back