63 Dart leaf spring bushings

-

Mineallmine

Reaction score
Got my car currently on my rotisserie getting the underside cleaned and painted and was looking at my rear diff as its next to tackle. I am planning on replacing the front seal (pinion nut as well of course), diff fluid and gasket, as well as all the leaf spring bushings while it is out. This is where my question comes in.

I have been looking on line for bushings and am able to find the rubber bushings for the rear I believe (smaller ones for shackle and spring...these are the same? correct?) I am not having a lot of luck finding the fronts. I was considering the poly bushings but hear so much conflicting info on noise from them, harder ride, etc. I am keeping the car stock with the little 170ci slanty so performance driving is obviously out.

Can anyone point me in the direction for who makes the best bushings for these (poly and rubber I guess as I may still go poly) as in fit and quality? Thanks in advance.

I have found moog rubber bushings but it says for rear shackle only. Is the rear eye of the leaf spring different? From looking at the poly mounts I didn't think so. I still have to pull the front bracket off to determine the front bushing diameter as I have seen from searching there is a 1 1/2 inch diameter and a 2 inch diameter front eye. Is one more likely than the other to find in my 63 170 dart?

Thanks again

diff removed.jpg

I used Springs and things www.espo.com when I did all my bushings and used poly everywhere. Now switching to solid front bushing (aluminum or nylon not sure yet) and rear sliders over shackles.

ESPO is the right place, rubber bushings for a street car would be my recommendation. 65'

Thanks. I have been in contact with ESPO and am hoping to place an order shortly.

Thanks all for the suggestion to use ESPO. I also highly recommend them. I bought new bushings and bolts and u bolts for my 63 dart. Very happy with the quality and fit.

I used poly bushings when i rebuilt my my springs ..took 10 mins to press put the old ones and hand installed the poly bushings. I got mine on Amazon, just make sure the bolt hole is the right size.

-
Back